I promise //RichJake//

A.N. I'm 74.3% sure I've read a story like this before but whAtEvEr! Please enjoy! (Or not I don't know) Also, too lazy to type out Rich's lisp rn so just use your melons and imagine I took the time to give him one. ((Also in case you didn't catch it, instead of an abusive relationship, it's Rich's father))

3rd PoV

Jake hasn't spending as much time with Rich as much as he used to, and Rich noticed. Ever since he's realized it, he's noticed other things too. He's noticed how much time he spends with Chloe, Christine, and the boyfs, especially Michael. Rich knows he shouldn't worry because Jake would never cheat on him, but he still does. He's been wanting to bring it up for a while, but is scared of Jakes reaction. But Jake would never hurt him!

Right..?

———time skipppp———

Jake had invited Rich over for the first time in about 2 1/2 weeks, because he missed Rich. Rich decided something was up and was going to ask, he was becoming restless. Jake was on his phone texting Chloe about how amazing Rich is and how much he has missed him when the doorbell rings. He runs to the door, crashing into the walls at least twice. The second the door opens, Jake's face lights up and he tightly embraces Rich. "God I've missed you," Jake mumbles in Rich's hair. Rich hums into Jakes chest and Jake just chuckles. Jake reluctantly lets go of Rich and lets him finally come inside.

"So how's to been going with you? Where have you been," Jake queries. "I could ask you the same question," Rich mumbles to himself, looking down. Jake tilts his head in confusion and gently holds Rich's face up so he can look at him in the eyes, "Hey, what's up?" Rich squirms away, unable to control the feelings he's had nearly all month. "You've been ghosting me! I've also noticed how much time you spend with Chloe and everyone else! I'm here too you know!" Rich erupts, he's held this in for too long. Jake looks at Rich slowly approaching him, "Hey.. it's ok, I'm here now-." Rich snaps, "Well you haven't been here for the last month! Am I not good enough for you!? If not, go run away to Chloe!" Jake starts getting frustrated when he knows this isn't the time, "Well maybe you should calm the fuck down!?" He starts getting closer and Rich just gets more upset, "I've been trying for the past 2 weeks but I can't keep going on like this!" They yell back and forth at each other like this for a while when Jake jerks up his hand, as if he was going to hit Rich.

Rich, terrified, covers his face and starts sobbing, "I-I'm sorry... I'll shut up... P-Please don't hurt me..." Jake immediately comes to his senses and stares at his hand and back at Rich. He then realizes his mistake and engulfs Rich's small body in a tight embrace. "Rich, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry... I would never hurt you.. I promise... it's ok.. I'm right here.." Jake mentally curses to himself, why the fuck did he get so worked up about Rich being concerned about their relationship? He pulls Rich to the floor gently and rocks him back and forth, which calms him down a bit.

"I will never hurt you, I promise."

A.N. Annnnddd if you look to your right you will see me ruining an idea I loved for the 100000000th time.