[Chapter Thirty-Three] Addie

Start from the beginning

During my rant he had dropped his hand that was reaching out for me and he looked like I had slapped him. Liam looked down at the bed and couldn’t even meet my eye

“I’m sorry.” He looked up at me and I had crossed my arms defensively

“Yeah.” I said and I went to turn away again when he moved towards me and gently grabbed my arm

“I don’t know what you’re going through but I also can’t just read how you feel unless you tell me. We worry Addison. I know you don’t want to think about it but remember that we’re here too and we just want you to be okay because we love you.” he kneeled on the bed and he touched my face and I let my head fall to the side to my cheek rested on his palm.

“I didn’t mean to yell at you, I’m sorry.” I told him and he grabbed my hand which made me drop my arms from their current position

“I know and I’m sorry, if you don’t want to talk about it then that’s your decision.” He brushed his lips lightly against mine and I felt calmer and it relaxed me as he pulled me into his arms and hugged me.

“Thank you.” I mumbled against his shoulder

“How about we all go to the park or something tomorrow?” he suggested and I shrugged

“You would have to ask them but I don’t mind.” I pulled back to look at him and he pushed my hair from my face.

“I’m sure they wouldn’t mind, I just think you need to get out of the house. You’re only ever here or court and maybe you just need some fresh air, well as fresh as you can get it here, and a relaxing day.” I smiled and nodded

I missed being outdoors, I never was before, I was raised as a city girl but now, now I’m absolutely in love with the nature and fresh air you can get back home, being here I felt like I couldn’t ever get real fresh air.

I missed my babies. I missed the soft grass under my bare feet and I missed walking around without shoes. I missed the weather and the open blue skies. I missed the feel I got when I was there and I missed the flowers and trees. I missed being home and I couldn’t believe I spent nearly all my life here, I hated it here.

I hated it here not just because of what happened but I just felt like everything was toxic.

“I want to go home.” I sighed as I rested my head on his shoulder

“Soon enough you’ll get to go home.” He kissed my temple

“But you won’t be there.” he held me tighter and I was starting to feel really emotional right now.

“It will be good for us; you need to work on you without me around. I’ll be home before you know it though.” He said to make me feel better and it was true, it would be a few weeks without him and I knew we could do it but it still hurt to think about, I didn’t want to be without him.

But I guess that was his point.

I needed to learn to be without him, I needed to learn to actually sleep on my own, I needed to spend some time with me and figure myself out. I lived such a controlled life I needed to work on regaining my freedom.

It reminded me of this picture of a horse tied to a plastic chair with the horse standing there like he couldn’t go anywhere.

It said sometimes the chains that prevent us from being free are more mental than physical.

Mentally, I was still tied down to them but physically I was free, my mind just couldn’t seem to process that, I knew that what I was mentally tied to wasn’t an actual solid thing, I could leave if I wanted to but I couldn’t just get that though my mind.