Marvel OC #17

Name: Runa Falk

Age: 19

Gender: Female

Sexuality: straight

Appearance: Runa is shortish, standing at 5'1" with long wiry arms and legs. She has tanned skin and naturally reddish blond (but mostly red) (refer to image for the rest of her face.)

Runa has wide green eyes and small hands and feet, with the former having long nimble and calloused fingers

Personality: Runa is a kind and intelligent person with a dislike for bullies and a pet peeve for those who abuse power. She's can be snarky, sarcastic, and has no concept of self preservation. She is also a bit of an adrenaline addict.

Powers: Runa is of non-human, specifically from the fire jotuns and she is directly descended from Surtr, King of the Fire Jotuns. Albeit removed a few generations. (He's her great great great grandfather on her mother's side. So her Grandmother's mother's father.) because of this, Runa has immunity to fire and extreme heat along with the conjuration and control of what humans consider "Hellfire" along with normal flames (though she's better with hellfire.) Hellfire is also a bright shade of blue. She also has an accelerated healing rate due to her non human descent.

Backstory: Runa grew up in America with her mother in New York. She learned to speak Icelandic alongside English, which is one of many Scandinavian languages and the closest to Old Norse. They can even read old Norse if they wanted to. Anyway, her mother died when Runa was about sixteen. (A month or so before her birthday which is October eight.) Scared and knowing how bad the adoption system could be for her what with her non human heritage and pyrokinetic powers, she took to the streets and forged a life for herself that way. Once a legal adult, Runa went about getting a job and getting herself off the street. She now lives in a tiny crappy apartment consisting only of a small bedroom, a small kitchen, a living room that exited to the rest of the apartment complex, and a bathroom. Despite the apartments small size and her near constant struggle to make ends meet, Runa quite liked the life she made for herself. Least she did until it became boring and monotonous. If there was one things the streets never changed about her it was her addiction to adrenaline and deep seated hate for the mundane life style where you did the same thing each week. This is what started her "superhero" career. Though she didn't consider herself a hero. She didn't even originally go out to save people! She just wanted a change and so she fell back to a bad habit (of sorts) that she had picked up on the streets. You see, Runa doesn't mind injustice. Hell, she had committed enough minor crimes such as theft that even if it did bother her before she became homeless then it would have died off. Anyway, she doesn't mind injustice but she does dislike it when people are jerks and at the time, even less when she saw a bigger homeless person stealing and hurting another less powerful homeless person for no reason. (Contrary to popular belief most homeless people weren't murders or psychopaths, just people down in their luck or who made bad decisions) So one day, homeless Runa, who was having adrenaline driven fun by doing parkour on the roofs and in the alleys of New York, had seen this very injustice happen. Her mind, already partly driven by adrenaline as t was, had decided (without the consent of her logical side that just wanted to survive) to jump down from her perch on the fire escape onto the bully (a surprisingly large man for being homeless.) one story bellow. After that her "superhero" career took off and rocketed higher once she got off the streets and could afford a disguise well enough made that t wouldn't destroy within days, and made well enough to hide her face. No more one dollar plastic "Party Makers" hats for this girl! She also had the problem of setting her clothes on fire when she was forced to use her powers, which so far, she had tried not to.

Other: Runa is bilingual, speaking both English and Icelandic. (Which is one of many Scandinavian languages and the closest to Old Norse. Those that can speak and read Icelandic can even read Old Norse if they wanted to.)