:Believe Me, I'm Lying: 15

Start from the beginning

"Have fun," Will told me, but the feeling his words gave us felt more like he was saying, "Be careful."

"I'll try," I muttered, glancing at Oliver, who looked bored again. "Keep Elliot busy. He's had a lot of sugar today and I'm afraid of what he might do..."

Will grinned. "Gotcha."

"Let's go or we'll be late," Oliver snapped, sounding irritated.

Will's eyes narrowed at him, and I sighed. "Right. Talk to you soon, Will."

"Bye, Harley."

Abruptly, Oliver started walking down the hall that led to the outside. Will gave me a worried look but I held up my hand and half-smiled at him before hurrying to catch up with Oliver. The chilly October air bit at my cheeks as I followed Oliver through the dark apartment parking lot. He stopped at a very fancy looking car and gestured for me to go around to the other side. I did as he indicated and opened the passenger's door, surprised to find it unlocked.

"You should really lock your doors around here," I warned Oliver when we were both seated in the car.

"I was only going in to get you; there was no need, stupid."

I clenched my teeth. "Don't call me stupid."

Oliver smirked at me. "Why not, stupid?"

"Because I don't like it!"

"Too bad."

Oliver started the car and slammed it into reverse, peeling out of the parking lot. My eyes flew wide in surprise, and I quickly gripped onto the dashboard for safety. "Oliver! What the heck?"

"What?"

"Slow down!" I commanded, glancing at his speedometer. "Did you even look before you pulled out?"

Oliver rolled his eyes at me. "We're fine."

"You're going twenty over the speed limit! It's not fine!"

"Why are you such a stickler for driving?"

"Because! This is dangerous! I don't want to die like-" I cut myself off there, clasping a hand over my mouth.

Oliver glanced at me, an eyebrow raised. "Like?"

"Keep your eyes on the road," I snapped, admonishing myself silently for almost slipping up.

"What were you going to say?"

"Nothing, Oliver."

"You know, you're not teacher like at all," Oliver commented with a smirk.

I frowned at him. "When I'm with you, I don't need to act like a teacher since you know my secret. Besides, the school day is over now. I'm done being a teacher for the day."

"Right," Oliver agreed. "You're onto bigger and better things now. Do you have any experience being a waitress?"

"What?"

"A waitress," Oliver reiterated. "You know, someone who-"

"I know what they are," I interrupted. "Why do you want to know?"

Oliver shrugged. "I'm curious."

Yeah, I'm sure that was the only reason. Not. After a moment of debating whether to ignore his question or not, I finally sighed and gave in. "Sort of. I used to work in a bakery and I'd take orders sometimes."

Oliver nodded. "Good."

I wanted to ask him why he wanted to know, but I knew he wouldn't tell me, so I didn't bother. Silence fell between us, so I turned my attention out my window. Darkness filled my vision as blurred, dark shapes whizzed by. A little while later, I began to see buildings I recognized and realized we were heading towards the downtown area. My thoughts were proven right when Oliver pulled onto the street that led to the main road in the down town area.