"Please, don't, Parth."

"Oh, baby girl! You thought I am gonna kill you.", he laughed shaking his head, "The best way to hurt you is to kill your baby, Kavya. And that's exactly what I'm planning to do. You will die out of misery because I'd always be visiting you every fucking night once you close your eyes to remind you that only your actions had led to your baby's death."

"Parth, do anything to me. But please don't do anything to hurt the baby. Not the baby, please. I beg you, Parth."

Out of nowhere, he pulled out a knife, his right hand firmly holding it as he examined the sharp end with his eyes. He raised his hand above his head, the tamed knife glowing and reflecting the moonlight, his eyes frightened me as he stared at my helpless state drawing satisfaction from it.

I tried to inch away, but his legs on either side of me kept me from moving, "Please this is your baby too, Parth. This little baby is ours. Please!"

In a blink, he lowered the knife so fast, the cold sharp end tearing the cloth, making contact with my skin, piercing through it. I gasped, my breath caught up in my throat, the physical pain is nothing compared to the amount of pain in my chest at this moment.

"No, Parth.", I screamed as I opened my eyes. Everything is dark around me, except the light of the moon peeking through the grey curtains.

"Baby, are you okay?", his voice from my right made me turn and look at his sleepy face. The stirring noises are followed by his raspy voice, "Are you alright?", his hand snaked around my waist as he pulled me to him and stretched his other hand out to turn the lamp on.

Is that just a dream?

The lamp illuminated his worried face, "What happened, baby?"

"You are sweating badly.", that's when I looked down at my nightgown which is now completely drenched in my sweat. He wiped the sweat beads off my forehead and sides of my face, "You are shivering baby, what the hell just happened?"

"Had a nightmare?"

All I could do in response at the moment is just nodding my head up and down. I'm confused, I can't think straight. My heart is hammering inside the ribcage as though it is trying to jump out of it, my fingers are trembling no matter how tightly I fisted the white bed covers and pulled it to me to feel some warmth. The fear is still alive in my head, playing with my guts.

"Here, drink some water, it may help you ease your problems all at once."

His words felt strange but I let it go and brought the glass of water to my lips with shivering hands. He stood near the foot of the bed intently watching me. I drank as much as I could and was about to put it aside on the bedside.

But he stopped me, "No baby, drink all of it. Empty the glass."

I did as he said and forced the water down my throat. Gulping the last drop from the glass, I slouched and pressed my eyes shut trying to calm myself. He was right. The water helped me relax a little bit. But it lasted for just a few seconds until a sharp pain is felt in my abdomen.

My hand went around my stomach, the pain became unbearable and intense in just seconds. I opened my eyes to see him staring at my stomach with a victorious look. Breathing heavily, I looked down and gasped when I saw the white sheets under me are turning red, soaking in my blood.

"I'm.... I'm bleeding. But I shouldn't be.", I whispered unbelievably, my voice raising slowly as I shouted at the end, "God, I'm bleeding. Parth, what did you do?", I cried at the top of my lungs, banging my hands on the bed.