Chapter 10

I guess the good part of getting a new phone is there isn't much to do on it yet so I'm writing a lot.

Dancing King got a new cover! Isn't it awesome? A huge thank you to royalxlion for making it for me. Also enjoy a surprise update.

...

Yixing's POV

...

"You were gone awhile." I froze when mom's voice spoke behind me as I turned to close the door. I'd half hoped she hadn't noticed. But I should've known better. Of course she'd notice my absence. "I hope you had fun at least," she added. I turned to face her fully, raising an eyebrow when I saw her dressed up nice.

"Where did you go?" I blurted. She winced. But I waited for her to say something. Anything. I needed to know about that phone call I heard the other night. But she just sighed, fingering the hem of her shirt.

"Just out with some friends," she replied, though the slight tremble in her voice gave her away. I wanted to press her. So badly. But I felt like if I did she'd shatter like glass. So I just nodded, accepting her answer. She visible relaxed, and once again I wondered what she was hiding from me. "Where did you go?" she finally asked.

"I got hot chocolate with Junmyeon and then we walked around awhile," I answered carefully. I didn't dare mention my rapidly beating heart during most of my time with him. Nor did I care to share my discovery of his warm hands when they were in mine.  She didn't need to know any of that. I wasn't even sure how'd she react. If I lost her I lost everything I had. Better to swallow it down. "He's quickly become a good friend," I continued. "He's easy to talk to."

"That's good," mom said. "Well Yixing. I'm kind of tired. I think I'm going to turn in for the night."

"Alright mom," I said, sidling up and wrapping my arms around her. I kissed her forehead. "Goodnight. Love you."

"I love you too Xing," she replied, carding her hand through my hair briefly. "So much." She wandered up the stairs after I finally released her, but I remained downstairs, hungry and a bit confused. I went to the kitchen to find something to eat. I settled on ramen, ripping open the package, adding some water, and popping it into the microwave. While I waited, I checked my phone. I debated what to do. I wanted to tell someone about what was happening to me. But who could I trust enough to tell? Was I close enough to anyone to warrant getting advice on something this monumental. Finally I picked the person I thought was right to give advice like this and hit call.

"Hey Yixing." Jongin's voice had a way of calming me down. I wasn't sure what it was. "What's up? It's getting kind of late."

"Look Jongin," I replied, pulling the ramen out as the microwave beeped. "I need some advice. From someone who's experienced something like this before. And that was you."

"I'm flattered," Jongin said, and I debated hanging up on him. "Though seriously what's wrong? You never call unless it's something serious." Maybe I was a bit more transparent than I thought. I sighed, leaning against the counter and collecting my thoughts. I twirled of my chopsticks in my fingers as I thought of the best way to word this.

"You've been in relationships before, right?" I asked. He made a strangled sound, and I had to chuckle. Probably not the question he was expecting.

"Yeah, a few times," he said. "First Krystal when I was in grade eight, then Jennie the following year, and a small amount of time with a nice boy named Ha Sungwoon, but that didn't last long." Now it was my turn to act surprised. I guess I never knew that about him. "What? Never heard of a bisexual before?" God he was sassy when he wanted to be.