Chapter Thirty-Eight

As Alice and Loki fought side by side, they could see there were too many Chitauri around them.

"Grip my scepter!" Loki yelled.

Alice did as he had said and Loki casted the force field around them. They watched as the Chitauri scratched and clawed at the force field.

"There's so many of them! How can we defeat them?" Alice asked.

"We'll just have to try!" Loki replied.

Alice conjured her powers and with her free hand, directed her energy force towards the top of the force field. She sent a blast of energy up and watched as the light blue color overtook the entire force field before shattering it and killing the Chitauri closest to it. Once out of the protection, Loki and Alice continued to fend off as many Chitauri as they could. Ebony Maw saw the two of them together and began making his way towards them. As he did, he cried out feeling the side of his body get cut. He then saw a sword flying through the air, making its way towards Alice. In his confused state, Tony sent a wave of energy, knocking Ebony Maw to the ground. Alice and Loki saw the sword flying towards them. Instinctively, Alice put her arm up and caught the blade's handle. They both saw it was Heimdall's blade. Once she gripped it tightly in her hands, her body became overtaken by a vision. Loki cursed to himself seeing her eyes turn amber. Just as one of the Chitauri jumped to pounce on Alice in her vulnerable state, Loki used to scepter's powers to catch the Chitauri and throw it back towards the crashed ship. Loki called over the help of some soldiers to keep Alice safe while her vision continued.

Alice found herself back where she had been during the night of her transformation. She looked down at her and saw the same golden skin and clothes. When she looked back up, she saw Heimdall standing before her.

"Heimdall, what are you-"

"You are to take over the Bifrost's powers after me. That is why you had its powers. You had been created to take over my duty once I had passed on." He explained.

"Passed on?" Alice asked, her voice breaking.

"With my last dying breath, I transferred my vast knowledge of the realms and the unlimited power of sight unto you." Heimdall told her.

He placed his hand on her head and Alice was overtaken by visions of the nine realms and suddenly became aware of their pasts and the people populating them. When Heimdall removed his hand, she panted as she felt changed.

"The sword now harnesses your powers. The sword will let you open the Bifrost now." Heimdall spoke.

When Alice blinked, she opened her eyes to find Loki and several soldiers fending off the Chitauri. She looked down at the sword in her hand and, with a heavy heart, conjured her powers of the Bifrost. In a gap between two soldiers, she pointed the sword towards several Chitauri and opened the Bifrost, sending them off to one of the nine realms she had just learned of. Loki widened his eyes seeing her use Heimdall's sword and let his guard down.

"Alice-"

She turned towards him and sent a wave of energy towards him. He dodged it and watched as a Chitauri was mid-pounce as it was shot down.

"You're welcome." She told him.

"Yeah, we'll talk about the sword thing later." Loki panted.

Tony landed next to Ebony Maw and watched as he sat up on the ground. Ebony Maw turned around to see Tony looking down at him with his palm up, ready to attack.

"Time to pack up your ship, Squidward and get-"

Ebony Maw smirked as he used his powers to lift Tony into the air and throw him off to the side. Tony landed against the side of a building and groaned as he assessed the damage to his suit.