🌑 Beside You 🌑

So yeah here I am wild right? This chapter is more or less of a filler bc last chapter was kinda intense and long and the next chapter also has a lot going on and I just thought this was ya know, a calm intermission

Enjoy some fluff + mild angst

I had grown somewhat used to waking up in odd places, so that had to have been why I was so unconcerned when I opened my eyes to see an unfamiliar ceiling. Well, that or the fact that I was practically wrapped around a warm, firm body that smelled amazing. Ah yeah, that dude Luke who I had spent some quality naked time with yesterday.

"Good morning my love," Luke pressed a kiss to my temple already sounding suspiciously awake, like he'd been laying there waiting for me to wake up which was kinda sweet, kinda strange.

"Uh, hi?" I coughed and tried to subtly move just a little bit further from him because I'd only met the guy the night before and I really shouldn't be this comfortable with him already. Definitely not waking up in his bed comfortable.

"Where are you going?" He sounded more confused than anything as he watched me slide myself away. Like he couldn't believe I was immune to his irresistible charm.

A sore spot on my shoulder rubbed against my shirt as it was pulled taunt from my movement, and I winced, sitting up straight. Clearly there were a few things I still needed to address. The first being, who's shirt I was wearing. Although the answer to that was fairly obvious I still wanted to know why I woke up in his bedroom with his clothes on, "Luke, is this your shirt?"

"Yea," he smirked and propped his head back on his arms, clearly enjoying the view of me wearing little more than his thin T-shirt in his cool bedroom. I flushed and crossed my arms, I hadn't even noticed it was cold until I wasn't attached to the human space heater anymore.

I waited a moment for him to continue but he didn't, "why? I have my own clothes. Why am I in your room anyway? Shouldn't I get one for myself? Or at least a bed? Hey wait! Where am I? This isn't even Uncle Rob's house?!" The more I questioned my situation the worse it got. Nothing was making sense and Luke seemed completely at ease which was honestly just annoying.

"You're wearing my shirt because I put it on you because I know you like the smell and I think my clothes look good on you," he bit back a grin and gave my body another appreciative stare, "you're in our room because it's our room you don't need one for yourself. And this is where your uncle lives he doesn't own a house that was pack property they were staying in just to collect you."

"Huh," my eyebrows furrowed in thought. Honestly he was only confusing me more than helping. "You still didn't tell me where this is," I gestured to the whole room, but really I meant the building because I only remembered a little cabin and a lot of woods when I was brought here, not any fancy apartment buildings.

"Hm, I guess you were pretty out of it when they brought you here huh?" He shrugged and I nodded. I expected him to answer my question but instead he grabbed a hold of my bare thighs and pulled me back toward him so fast that I had to grab the headboard to keep from smashing my face into the wall. Luke sat up slightly so we were at eye-level and then spoke again, "in that case, welcome to the pack house of the Summer Woods pack Breigh."

"Just to be clear," I sat back slightly to try to temper his intense gaze, "it's a pack of werewolves."

"Correct," Luke nodded, hands sneaking back up my thighs.

I smacked at them, "hands off! Oh, and another question," he pouted but withdrew his hands and looked up at me expectantly, "why did you bite me yesterday?"

That made him groan and I had a feeling it wasn't an easy answer based on the way he looked at me. "Basically, we're mates," he gestured between the two of us, "and that," he pointed at the indent his teeth had made yesterday, "is my way of telling all the other male wolves to fuck off and leave you alone."