~ Final Chapter: Goodbye. ~

"Detective Shion, we were finally able to open the door. Do you want to go in first?" Said his colleague he's known for years. He went by the name Kenshin.

"Yeah, give me a sec." Shion replied, slipping on a blue glove on each of his hand. Soon after preparing, the man was ready, and began his walk down the stairs.

"What the hell is that smell?" He swore, pulling his collar over his mouth and nose.

"Clearly something died..." Kenshin commented, following him down the stairs.

Shion glared up at the male trailing down the staircase behind him with a grim expression, finishing his walk down the stairs. "No dip." He replied shortly, gazing ahead.

What he saw ahead of them sickened him to silence, and startled his friend to the point her nearly retreated. "The hell, Ken... What is all this..." Shion muttered, kneeling next to a blonde's body. He gently lifted up his chin, holding the lifeless head. After observing his facial features, he pulled out his small notepad, jotting down on it.

Seijiro Kurasoma, age 17. His birthday was coming up this month, so he'd be turning 18. He's a third year in high school, and was a smart kid.

Once the man was done identifying him, he stood up and followed Kenshin over to the containment object. "Who's the girl?" Shion asked as his coworker carefully opened the cage's door.

"It's the girl Ken and Jyugo was with earlier." He replied, gesturing to the dead male some feet away from Seijiro and the cage.

"Damn, was this a blood bath or what?" He spoke casually, rubbing the back of his messy black hair. "Yeah... the girl seemed like she did all the killing. Maybe it was self-defense."

Shion also thought about that possibility and nodded his head, shifting his gaze to Jyugo.

But soon enough, his eye's widened, noticing something he should've from just one glance.

"No." Shion bluntly stated, and once again, knelt beside the body. Meanwhile, Kenshin was holding his hand over his mouth and nose, checking out the two corpses next to each other. "No? What do you mean?"

'One.' He counted, eyeing each wound on his body. "He was stabbed three times, then beat. The markings seem pretty recent, so I'm guessing he was punched multiple times after he died."

"Who would beat a dead person to death even though they're already dead?" Kenshin asked, flipping out his own notepad and phone. He began to dial in his crew, telling the leader of the squadron to head down the stairs.

'I know who.' Shion thought, standing back up straight. Kentaro was the one who did it, and the evidence was clearly there-it was on his fists.

"Shion, come in here." Kenshin suggested, waving his hand frantically. He hurried over into the cage, narrowing his eyes.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that a gas bomb?" Kenshin asked, hearing his crew rush down the stairs.

"Oi, you three. Get this knife and bomb, it's for evidence." Shion demanded, and his little minions did as they were told.

"Just how exactly... Did this happen?"

I'm... Actually dead?

How did this happen?

Was it my fault? I can't really remember...

"Whoa!" He chuckled, jumping halfway down the staircase. On his face was a sinister smile-his glowing red eyes made it more pronounced.