【 ғᴏᴜʀ 】

Start from the beginning

"Shitty Hair?" I called.

He whirled around, a bright smile appearing on his face when he saw me.

"Broski!" He beamed, "What's new?"
"I could ask you the same thing," I replied drily. Now that I actually looked around, various Pro Heroes littered the lobby - completely out of place. Worried glances, mumbles and paper exchanges.

"Everyone's on edge," Kirishima spoke, as if reading my mind, "After this morning, everything has turned on its head. And especially after the fingerprin-"

He shut his mouth quickly, looking down at the folder clasped tightly between his fingers.

"Fingerprints?" I finished, "What fucking fingerprints?"

As far as I knew, there was no evidence left at the scene except the blood on the sidewalk. And even that came back as inconclusive. There was too many different strains of blood in the mix to identify it.

"U-Uhm..." He flashed me a weary look, "..I'm not supposed to tell you."

"What? Why the fuck not?!"
"Because..." He looked around and sighed, "It would mean kicking you off the case."

I tilted my head in confusion, "Hah?"
"Just trust me, it's best if you didn't know. You didn't hear anything from me," He smiled, "It was nice seeing you, Bakugou."

Now I'm really starting to regret forgiving this dipshit.

I watched as he rushed towards the door, grabbing someone by the arm and dragging them behind him. All I could catch was a flash of blonde hair, and assumed it was Pikachu. I was kinda relieved when they told me they'd got together. I mean, it got that idiot off my ass and it made the blonde bimbo happy. I could see how much he liked Kiri, but the fool was too busy watching me to realise it. I'm glad to see it worked out for them in the end.

I made my way upstairs to All Might's office, knocking harshly on the door until he yelled, "Bakugou, stop it! You're gonna break my door!"

"How'd you know it was me?" I asked as I pushed it open, closing it behind me.

"You're the only person that seems to be dead set on turning it to matchsticks," He retorted.

"Matchsticks? No, I'm more precise than that," I shrugged, wandering over to the window to peer down at the bustling street below. So many police cars...What do they know that they aren't telling?

"What did you need, anyway?" All Might asked, "I'm kind of busy, so whatever it is it needs to be quick."
I glanced over at the wimpy looking man behind the desk, considering my words very carefully.

"I heard some cops talking earlier," I began, looking back out at the clouded sky, "Something about fingerprints.." All Might visibly shrunk back in his chair, "..There isn't anything that I'm not being told, is there?"

I didn't expect it to affect him so bad. It was like his whole demeanor had changed - a storm of uncertainty raging behind his tired eyes.

"....Of course not," He answered, "I'd never keep something from you."

Bullshit.

"Fair enough," I muttered, still staring aimlessly out the window. I narrowed my gaze at a building a few blocks away. On the roof, a portal was open. Red flags instantly went up, so I motioned to All Might.
"Look at that," I spoke quietly, as if my lips were afraid of being heard by the person behind the portal. All Might made a sound of confused suspicion; he must've come to the same conclusion that I did.

This can't mean anything good.

Suddenly, a hooded figure stepped out of the portal, followed by another much shorter one. The taller of the two turned to the other, speaking something that I couldn't hear from this distance. The shorter person nodded and rolled up his sleeves, taking his hood down. My heart stopped for a moment. Even from so far away, I knew exactly who I was looking at. And from the startled gasp All Might made, I'd bet that he knew it too. I watched with wide eyes as the shorter boy took something from the taller one, something too small to make out. The shorter boy stepped up on the ledge of the rooftop that faced the side alley. I prayed for what could possibly going through his mind at that moment. His quirk surrounded him with flickers of mint, and as quick as he came, he was gone. The taller man shook his head, stepping back into the portal before it closed.  

"What in the god damn.." All Might hissed under his breath, "What was that?"
"I don't know," I replied, "But I'm sure as hell gonna find out."

I didn't even make it to the door before I was thrown to the ground with a deafening boom.

▪*:・°✧°・: *▪

ᴡᴏʀᴅ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ: 1458

ᴘᴜʙʟɪsʜᴇᴅ: 19/06/2019