Chapter XXXVII: Truly Powerless

Start from the beginning

The overly grown tiger and Clementine make eye contact for a split second before the beast flickers his tail in the direction where PX-1 was approaching the fallen Usopp and Zoro. Not too far from them, Brook and Sanji are struggling to hold onto the little consciousness they have as they tried to crawl back onto their feet.

Clementine sees the chance and runs to go help them, nodding at her partner to keep Sentomaru distracted enough for her to take care of PX-1. However, she freezes, her mouth becoming dry as if cotton balls were stuffed into them as a large form blocks her.

"PX-1, stop."

Usopp falls to the floor, shaking in fear as his eyes pop out of his head, his tongue flying out as he screams. "EH?! ANOTHER ONE?!" The curly-haired man grabs hold of his head as he cries, his dirt and blood-covered face getting streaks of tears. "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?! I'M SICK OF THIS!! HOW MANY OF THESE GUYS ARE THERE?!"

Clementine, on the other hand, felt a shudder run down her back as she stared at Bartholomew Kuma. While the other Kuma she had fought along with her brother's crew was strong, they didn't make her feel the way she was feeling now. It felt like she was doused by ice-cold water, her feet and hands getting tied with unbreakable chains and her throat getting constricted, not allowing her to breathe.

Something was telling her that this was not the robots of Bartholomew Kuma she had fought. No, this was the real one. The real deal that had tremendous power.

Clementine finally remembered to breathe as Kuma spoke up, addressing a certain green-haired man that was heavily bleeding as he tried to sit up.

"Roronoa, I see that you're still alive..." Kuma's voice was awfully gentle and soothing, nothing like something Clementine would have expected a large man like him to have.

Zoro released a bemused chuckle as he finally got up to his feet, swaying as he faced the man. "Thanks to your mercy...." the sword man's voice was weak, it is obvious that it was a miracle himself that he was still conscious with all his injuries. However, his gaze was strong and unwavering as he faced the man who had once let him and his crew go, something no except him and Sanji knew about. Information that Zoro was going to take to the grave.

Kuma seemed to take no mind as he slowly slipped off one of his black gloves on his hand, "if you were to take a trip, where would you like to go?" He questioned as if he was talking to a long lost friend.

Clementine, along with everyone listening stared at the man in confusion, not understanding what he was talking about in this situation. However, all of them flinched, every single Strawhat crew screaming their friend's name as Bartholomew Kuma suddenly appeared in front of Zoro.

And in a blink of an eye, the green-haired swordsman, the first mate of the Strawhat Pirate was gone, not a single trace of him left.

Clementine's mouth dropped open at the shocking scene, her eyes finally noticing the paw marks on the Warlord's hand. It was a confirmation that she needed to know that this was indeed Bartholomew Kuma, not an android, robot-like PX-1.

Usopp, who was beside Zoro as he disappeared pointed a shaky hand at Kuma, his nose running as he screamed. "You bastard...! What did you do to Zoro...! He was... he was just here, just a second ago but....!"

The blonde female's eyes darted around the battleground, her eyes finding Rayleigh, the man himself seeming to have his hand full taking care of Kizaru. Roki and Sentomaru fought each other, although her partner's opponent seemed to be distracted with the unexpected appearance of the Shichibukai.

The beast himself seemed like he wasn't faring too well, she being able to see few gashes on his white hide that concerned her greatly. Seeing that Sentomaru looked as if he wasn't going to attack any longer, Roki bounded over to her frozen form, his large head nudging her hand as a large rumble left his chest.

But before she could let him, Clementine pushed the beast to the side as she prepared to take on PX-1 who began to move again, the robot preparing to launch a beam from its mouth. But before she could do anything, she was shoved to the side, her body flying back a few feet as the real Kuma tapped his hand against the robot that was built as a carbon copy of him. Her body was thankfully cushioned by Roki, the white beast catching her fall on his back, a low hiss leaving his mouth in concern.

"Wha—why?" Clementine couldn't help but whisper to herself as she sees that Kuma had made PX-1 disappear as well, just like he did with Zoro. Her head was jumbled up, she couldn't understand what this man's motive was.

Did he just save her...? But why? He is an enemy but....? The female can't stay in her head for long as the Shichibukai disappears again, only to reappear in front of Luffy's crew and with a single tap, they're disappearing. One by one.

"What in the worl—LUFFY RUN, YOU IDIOT!!" Clementine shrieks in panic, watching as her brother's crew disappear one after another with Kuma's attack.

The blonde female could see the devastation begin to settle in her brother's eyes, Luffy trying to save each of his nakama, only to let them slip through his fingers.

"Luffy! LUFFY PLEASE!!" Clementine screamed, her voice becoming hoarse as tears began to well up in her eyes as she watched Luffy fall onto his knees in front of Kuma, clutching his head as he cried.

'No...No... This wasn't happening.... No, not Luffy. Not my little brother.... No, not another brother of mine.....!'

Seeing that her brother was not responding as he wailed, Clementine was running as fast as she could, preparing to throw her body in front of her brother. But as she launches herself in front of Luffy, Kuma must have seen her, the man shifting his body away at the last moment so she can't tackle him. Although his movement changes, his hand doesn't stop moving.

Everything seems like it was moving in slow motion, Luffy finally lifting his eyes up as he sees his crying sister's face, staring at him in horror with her hand reach out in front of her towards him. Instinctively his arms stretch out but neither of them touches.

And that's the last thing he sees as Kuma's hand makes contact with his body, making him fly thousands of miles away to a small island filled with only women.

Clementine's body crashes to the floor, rolling a couple of times on the grassy ground. When she stops, she releases a devastating sob, her face a mess of blood, tears, and ash. She grits her teeth as she lifts her head up, her eyes filling with hatred as she glares as Kuma who stares down at her with a blank look.

"Fuck you.... FUCK YOU!!" Clementine shrieks, her blonde hair falling into her face in messy knots as she spits out curses to the large Shichibukai.

Kuma doesn't flinch as Roki suddenly appears, standing protectively above Clementine as he curls his lips, flashing his sharp teeth as a low warning growl leaves his mouth.

The Shichibukai blankly stares down at the female who screamed curses at him. But Clementine didn't expect to see Bartholomew Kuma's lips to twitch upwards as he observed her.

"'The Blue Angel' Outlook D. Clementine, you resemble a friend of mine..... I wish to see him once more but that will not happen...." Kuma muttered to himself.

Clementine spits at his feet in defiance, her blue orbs so icy and filled with wrath as she gazes up at him. Rage and grief clouded her mind as she prepares to attack him, not caring for her own safety. "What the hell are you say—"

"While I would ask where you would like to go, I'm sure they will be happy to see you seeing as what is happening right now...."

Clementine doesn't understand what the man's saying. However, she doesn't get to question his nonsense as she sees a hand quickly approaching both her and Roki, her eyes round with fear, an emotion she hadn't shown the whole day until Luffy was gone.

And with a pop, both Roki and Clementine are gone, their consciousness slipping past them as their body flies over the oceans approaching a certain pirate ship.

Posted: 4/5/19