Chapter XX: Protecting Brothers

Searching for Brother: Chapter 20

Word count: 2.5 k

Third Person P

Third Person P.O.V.

"Let's go! Go! Run for it, you guys!" The boy with the straw hat yelled as he sprinted past his crew, a broad smile spread across his face. He doesn't have to say it twice, the more cowardly members of the team taking off in relief.

Oh no, they weren't not going to run if Luffy said to run. It was a once in a lifetime occurrence for the male to even suggest to run. They weren't going to let it pass by like an idiot.

The raven-haired boy turned back one last time, his eyes falling on his older brother. Luffy's eyes drift to the side, eyeing the mysterious female beside Ace for a split second in confusion, not knowing why he felt like she was familiar. However, he's quick to disregard that thought, laughing loudly as he clutches his hat, increasing the speed of his running.

Although his crew members were extremely confused on what was happening, they were quick to follow the command of their captain, chasing right after him.

"Get on the ship?! Are we leaving the island?!" Usopp questioned, a large bag thrown over his shoulder with his eyes blown wide. He released a scream as he heard a building explode behind him.

The blue haired princess answered the sniper, carrying her own bag in hand, her pet Carue carrying his load. "No, we're going up the river on the ship then into the desert! We only stopped by Nanohana to get crucial supplies!" Vivi gasps in horror as another tremor caused by the fight shook the ground.

"Hurry, hurry! The Marines are coming! Get on and raise the anchor!!"

Luffy leaped, his limbs stretching as he landed himself on Merry's head, grinning widely as the others worked quickly to leave.

He released an excited laugh, flashing his teeth in a full-blown smile. "Man! I never thought I'd meet Ace here!" The dark haired male comments, turning his body to look at land in wonder.

Sanji who seemed rather calm compared to his other crew took a long drag from his cigarette before releasing it with a huff, "who even was that guy? Awfully nice of him to hold off Smoker for us," the blonde muttered, standing outside the kitchen. He raised a questioning eyebrow up as he too looked at where his Captain was, silently wondering how the fight was going.

"Shishishi! That's Ace! My brother!"

"BROTHER?!"

"That guy back there... WAS YOUR BROTHER?!

Luffy laughed as his crew's reaction, his eyes lighting up, "yup! He's my brother."

Zoro faced his captain, not seeming to be bothered by the new information. "Well, I'm not surprised you have a brother. But why is he here in the grand line?" The green haired male questioned, adjusting the keffiyeh that was protecting his head and face from the sun.