homesick

Today, on this lovely Saturday, you were hella excited.

Finally after months of texting and phone calls, you had managed to find an off day that both you and Jiae were off on. Jiae worked as a waitress now for a decent restaurant in Seoul now that she's in university. Of course she doesn't want to work there forever since she's studying to become a plane attendant.

You said goodbye to the people still in your dorm as Yoongi was stuffed in his studio again. You hoped he was alright, he was always overworking himself.

You walked down the streets, shivering from the rain. When was the sun going to come back? It was raining for the past week. You were getting sick of the weather. The cafe you were meeting in was your sister's favourite since it was a cat cafe, and lucky for you, you absolutely adored cats, especially Siamese cats.

When you recognised the street of the cafe, your slow walk turned into a brisk one before completely changing into a run. You pulled your backpack filled with goodies you got for your sister and brother as a way to say sorry for not being around as much. Even if your sister laughed and told you not to bother, you still saw the hurt and sadness in her eyes that she tried to hide. You knew the feeling and you felt so damn guilty about it.

You didn't really know what your brother felt.

He didn't talk to you as much as he used to. You think he feels betrayed by you, since all he knew was his sister and you and you left him alone without saying anything. Just a "I want to audition to an idol company," and you were gone. Now, you regret leaving him without a goodbye or even a hug.

You entered the cafe, pushing the heavy door open as far as you could, rushing in so that the door wouldn't hit you. You were holding a heavy bag that had a lot of goodies inside which was why you couldn't hold it open for yourself. You looked over the cafe twice, thrice; heck you looked over it maybe ten times. It was after the twelfth time that you actually saw a familiar face in amongst the other faces there. It was your sister and she looked like she was dying in a sea of cats. A pang of hurt suddenly hit your chest, and at first you wondered what it was. It didn't take long before the pain turned into guilt and sadness. You missed so much that you nearly didn't recognise your sister anymore. How long has it been since your last face-to-face conversation? You wondered if they would recognise you. God, you felt even worse.

"Noona!" You called out when you saw her swarmed with cats, giggling like a mad woman while petting all of them. She had dyed her hair now and it was a pretty pink, a colour you never knew she would rock. She had multiple ear pricings now as well; three in one ear and four on the other. What a rebel she was, it wasn't a surprise to you though.

"Little brother, I see you haven't grew at all," she teased, talking about your height. For a moment you felt relived she recognised you, but when you realised what she said your happy smile turned flat as you pouted. She just had to bring up your height huh.

"I'll grow eventually," you said, walking towards her. It was only then you realised there was a lump sitting beside her.

Was that Joshua?

The lump raised its head up, his beady eyes staring at you with annoyance. Ah, the glare reminded you of a certain hyung. Yikes, it was Joshua. And he looks really, really annoyed. "I had to drag Joshua over here, you better be happy," Niamh huffed, ruffling Joshua's hair in which made the moody pre-teen get up and ignore his sister to pet a small black cat who kept on pawing at his hand.

"Hiya Josh," you smiled, trying to be polite and nice to the small lump, but all he did was growl and look away at you. Yikes. He still doesn't want to talk.