goodbye

[Y/n] remembers when he had to stay at his mum's friends house for three more years.

His mum, Mina, had fought in the court to have custody of [Y/n] and his siblings. It wasn't that hard due to the many reports from the police and many other places stating that his dad was a very aggressive and violent man and had been found in various occasions too drunk to walk or get home.

[Y/n] and his brother and sister never knew what happened during that time. His mum wouldn't tell them anything; only that she won custody of the three of them and that she divorced him. They didn't care either since they knew their dad wasn't a good man.

Even if his mum seemed tough and independent, she was deeply affected by what happened. She hated the place they lived in as it made her remembered all the mistakes she did and all the things her and her husband did together before he became an alcoholic.

"Jenifer, I may just move back to South Korea. I can't stand living here anymore," [Y/n] had over heard her whispering to her friend. It was late so maybe she thought her was asleep. But fate had its ways and [Y/n] had a nightmare and was going to his mum for comfort only to see her looking gloomily at the window as her friend just looked sadly at her.

[Y/n] didn't want to go.

He had left his father and now he's going to leave his childhood and the home he's known since a baby. His friends, he wouldn't be able to talk to them. He was as antisocial as a rock and it wasn't easy for him to make friends. The friends he had made were loyal and kind. They were there for him when ever he needed him. He didn't want to leave them behind. He loved where he lived and he didn't want to go.

"You're moving?" [Y/n]'s friend, Michael, said as he was wacking the metal fence with a stick. He turned right round, blue eyes looking sad. Micheal dropped the stick and walked up to [Y/n] who was kicking rocks out of the way. He didn't like the idea either but what could he do? He couldn't make his mother stay here in the UK.

"I heard my mum talking to her friend about it," he mumbled, teeth gritting against each other. From frustration, the small eight year old boy kicked a big rock info the ditch nearby.

Michael just watched as his friend sniffed. [Y/n] wasn't facing him but from the noises Michael could tell he was crying. Before he could go comfort him, [Y/n] shakily spoke "I don't want to go. I want to stay here with you and and the rest of my family," he cried, trying to make in seem not as obvious that he was crying by trying to make his voice sound normal.

Michael, being the slighly younger eight year old, walked up to [Y/n] and awkwardly patted his shoulder before standing in front of [Y/n]. "[Y/n], I'm sure wherever your going will be better then this dump," Michael slightly joked slightly as he moved back to let [Y/n] look at the bullies who was picking in the new people of the playground and all the people who were ruffhousing.

[Y/n] didn't say anything else.

It was hard for [Y/n] to leave. He was eleven when he did. His brother was seven and his sister was fifteen. [Y/n] couldn't even imagine what it would like for his sister since she had to leave her friends from childhood and high school as well.

What made it worse was that his mum changed their names into more Korean names. His mum's name was Mina Kang, his sister's name was Jiae Kang, his brother's name was Jisoo Kang and [Y/n]'s name was Jihyun Kang. It made [Y/n] feel as if they were forgetting everything from home and having a brand new life.

He didn't want that.

He wanted his old life in the UK.