"No! I never said that-"

"But, you have feelings for him." The second voice said, amusement in their voice. "Who'd have guessed, a vampire and a wolf."

"How poetic! Forbidden love... so, Shakespeare." The first voice singsonged. 

"I'm not a wolf, you've said it yourselves-"

"No, darling. We said you're a hybrid." The second voice said, slowly. 

Dema furrowed her brows, standing straighter. They were playing with her mind, and she had enough. 

"We can sense your power, Dema Reeves." The first voice snarled with thirst. "Let us in, and you'll be unstoppable." 

"No." Dema stood up, clenching her fists. "I don't need you, I don't want you, I didn't even ask for this!" She said through greeted teeth. "Dicam Meorum!" She yelled, the shadow dissipated with a few faint screams. 

Dema sighed in relief, rubbing her wrist as the pain appeared. She leaned on the wall, sliding down to the floor. 

"Dema, who're you talking to?" Eliza knocked on the bathroom door.

"Uh-no one, mom," Dema said, struggling to say the right words. "J-just singing." 

"Oh. All right." Eliza said, a little less cheery than usual. 

Dema wondered if her mom noticed something's wrong. Eliza probably noticed something but shrugged the thought away once she heard Dema was part of the pack. 

If Eliza knew Dema was on her way to becoming a child of Wraith, she'd probably die, or worse, ground her.

Dema has never gotten grounded. They've always been honest with each other, well not always, but mostly. Dema would always behave amazingly well, so Eliza didn't have the need to ground her.

Plus, Eliza's not the type to get mad, or sad, or concerned. She's a cheerful person, always avoiding bad feelings. 

Dema jumped slightly, startled by her phone ringing in her pocket. 

Jasper had just texted her. He was ready for their training session.

"Time to show off these puppies." Dema wiggled her fingers, jumping up and out of her bathroom. 

__________________

Wednesday, 10:37 am.

Clearing in the woods.

"Focus on speed, agility, keep your opponent off guard..." Jasper said, his arms crossed over his chest as he gazed coldly into her eyes. "But mostly, focus on the pain you're transmitting to your victim."

Dema focused. She's nodding in thought, then turns at him questioningly. "Ohh-kay. I don't get how I'm supposed to do that-" 

"Whenever you attack, the pain comes back." He said, nearing her slightly. "Your body works like a magnet. It absorbs pain, whether it's emotional or physical. So, you must use that pain that's directed towards you." 

Dema nodded, Jasper stepped a few feet away from her, his hands up in a protective stance. She frowned.

"Hurt me." He ordered. Dema snorted, shaking her head.

"No, I'm not going to attack you." 

"You didn't seem to have a problem with it last night."