Chapter 17

Evan’s Pov

Jonathan's hand was laced in mine as we walked down the street. The occasional eyes would dart our way but Jon didn't seem to pay any attention, he simply turned to me with a bright smile. Jonathan had dragged me out of bed this morning and pushed me into the shower.

It's been two weeks since we properly started dating, and I don't think I've ever left the house as much as I have in the last two weeks. Jonathan was a man of mystery. Two days ago he dragged me out to a new sushi restaurant and the day before that a monster truck derby. He was full of surprises and I don't think he'll ever run out of ideas for dates.

I rolled my eyes with a smile as I saw bright lights flashing and children scrambling around the place.

“a carnival?” I questioned laughing.

“yes a carnival where I will romantically win you a giant stuffed Teddy” he grinned dragging me across the street and into the ‘fun zone’.

Two games later and 10 bucks down Jonathan was cursing.

“this shit is rigged!” he whined as the baseball tipped the jars, but they didn't budge. I dragged him away from the stall and chuckled at his childlike attitude.

“come on lover boy give me some money” I said as we approached another stand. It was a shooting one, the man only smirked to see us approach.

“shoot three tins and win a prize” he said as I handed him $5. I picked up the gun and aimed. I shot one can down, then another and then another. 

“show off” Jonathan huffed as the man handed me a giant stuffed Teddy bear with a stern expression. I chuckled as we walked away from the stand.

“here you go babe” I smirked as I handed him the giant stuffed animal.

“no! I'm the one that's meant to get it for you” he whined.

“oh please we both know your the bottom” I laughed as he slapped me on the arm.

“Ev, you can't say that out loud!” he cursed me looking around.

“oh I can and I will” I smirked grabbing him and pulling him behind one of the stalls. I pinned him to the stall and kissed him roughly.

“Evan! The circus is on in a minuet” Jonathan said trying to push me away.

“you're no fun” I huffed smiling as he dragged me towards the giant tent.

We made it just in time for the show, Jonathan plopped down beside me with popcorn and the giant teddy bear in his hands.

“hold these” he said handing me his food and Teddy bear. He then proceeded to get up.

“where are you going it's going to start soon” I questioned as he looked back at me.

“I need to pee” and with that he was gone. I chuckled and turned my head to see a man walk in dressed in a striped suit and a very tall hat.

“ladies and gentle welcome one and welcome all to the circus de Rio!!!” applauds were heard throughout and the first act came out. It was tigers jumping through hoops.

I glanced at my watch worriedly, it had been 5 minutes and Jon still isn't back. I placed the popcorn down on my chair and grabbed the Teddy bear. I then started walking towards the bathrooms.

“Jon you in here?” I called out. There was no answer.

“Jonathan is this a joke?” I questioned bending down to see if anyone was in the stalls, there wasn't. I decided to approach one of the ladies at the entrance to tent.

“hey sorry, did you see man about this height, black hair, blue eyes, his wearing a bright blue jacket?” I questioned.

“yeah he just walked out with that guy driving off” he said pointing to a truck with tinted windows driving at a very high speed.

“uh thank you”

I took off running after the truck following it until it pulled the opposite direction to where we parked my car. I clung to the giant teddy bear receiving weird looks. As I finally reached the car I was short of breath. I slotted my phone into the holder and clicked on contacts. I put in my seat belt and started the car as the phone rang.

“what's up?” Tyler's voice came through the phone.

“Jonathan's been taking I think” I said in a panicked tone.

“what wait hold up by who?”

“I don't know, it was a guy in a tinted black truck. Jonathan wouldn't just leave without telling me” I said trying to see the truck but it was long gone.

“Evan come back home,  Craigs checking cameras now” Tyler said in a calmed voice. I nodded to myself and turned around and began my drive home.

“the cameras just stop here, they went out of the city definitely” Craig huffed pulling the camera feed on the TV.

“fuck, fuck, fuck” I groaned.

“Evan calm down” Brock said patting my back.

“how can I calm down?” I questioned hugging the Teddy.

“Evan this is delirious we are talking about, I know all your thinking about is the big softy who cuddles you every night, but remember his apart of the killers” Craig said and I nodded. He was going to be fine, he’s been through worse.

There was knock on the door, Craig was still frantically trying to locate the truck and the rest were waiting patiently.

Tyler answered the door, “who the fuck are you and what do you want” Tyler spat holding a gun. He dragged a teenage boy into the living room and forced him to sit down.

“I'm cosmo, I know Delirious” he said his voice was low and quiet.

“how?” I questioned.

“his apart of the killers” Craig said nodding the the boy.

“yeah, they're all being sent to a mental hospital up in blaine county” Cosmo said pushing his thick rimmed glasses up his nose.

“how do you know?” Craig questioned.

“you guys took down the ghost organisation, but it doesn't just stop there, Jordan was a pawn to a bigger organisation one run by someone Jonathan hates”

“Jon hates a lot of people be specific” I said standing up and towering over the poor boy.

“his mother” Cosmo said backing away and my face dropped. That alcoholic bitch…

“his mother, his mother is alive and has shipped him off to a mental hospital” I questioned. This was unbelievable this is the fuckening, everything was going so well.

“not the first time” Cosmo added bringing me back to the cold memory. Jonathan had told me what happened to him in there when he was a child, It hurts knowing he could be experiencing it all again and I suddenly have no idea how to function.