Chapter 8 An unexpected visit

Sadie pov
I sat down next to Walt. "You ok?" He asked "You look like you've seen a ghost" I looked at him unsure what to say "I'll tell you when Carter and Zia get over here." They arrived 2 minutes later "I got something to tell you guys" I told them about my dream "Who the heck is Tartarus?" Carter asked "Better question is" Zia spoke up "What did that guy mean 'We already have the old gods underfoot'?" We sat there confused until Walt said something "We can't just sit here forever. Gotta get to class. We'll discuss this later." With that we all went outside. The initiates stood at attention. Since Christmas break started yesterday we figured we'd give them lessons every other day. "Ok guys" Carter said confidently "Today were gonna discuss how to use your duat lockers. By that I mean put stuff in and take stuff out fast" Odly they looked excited about today's lesson. Just before Carter was about to demonstrate. A portal opened and a jet black limo came swerving out. I could hear about 6 people screaming. When it came to a stop the occupants came running out. And seeing them gave me a mix of happiness and shock. The people inside weren't people they were gods. Specifically Horus,Isis,Ra,Bast,Tarwit and Bes. "Bes!" Horus said angrily "That's the last time we're trusting you for interdimensional travel!" "Oh relax Horus" Bes said calmly "We made it, Didn't we?" "Barley!" Isis countered. "Ummm" I sputtered "What are you doing here? Or better question: how are you here?" All 6 gods looked grave. "There's much to explain" Ra said mysticly. He then looked up "And such little time." We followed his gaze. What we saw was about the weirdest thing I've ever seen. Definitely top 5. A flying ship unlike anything I'd ever seen. It was not an Egyptian design. With crossbows and ballistae on either side. It also had rocket thrusters on its stern,a sail on the deck mid-ship and the bridge at the back standing tall. "What is that?!" Zia asked shocked. Then the ship shot off into the distance. But just before it did I saw the name plate:Argo2. Odd name for a ship if you ask me "Well whatever it was it's design was a Greek Trireme." Carter said matter-o-factly "Its gone now." "Umm explanation please" Walt said agitated. Horus started the tale "Well we where traveling down the river night when we decided to visit sunny acres. Ra was reluctant but we convinced him." Ra scoffed "Convinced me?" He said "You 3 completely went against my orders walked us into a death trap." "Anyway" Isis continued "We landed and walked inside. We were greeted by Bes and Tarwit-" "Yeah mabye you were" Bast interrupted "I was just ignored completely." "Oh let it go Bast" Tarwit said "We simply overlooked you" "Uh-hu sure" "Oh c'mon" Bes complained "Would you two stop fighting" "If I may continue the story" Horus said "We were about to be underway when someone or something walked in. It was a misty figure with red eyes in the shape of a man. He drew his sword and said:'I come in search of gods who want a second chance. Gods who want to be remembered. Gods who want ... revenge'. How that got the old geysers attention still baffles me" "Duh" Bast said with a annoyed tone "They couldn't resist his offer. If I were them he woulda fooled me too." Bast then continued the tale "Then he said 'All those that swear allegiance to me will be made young again. You will made powerful again. You will be remembered, You will be feared. Join me and help me succeed in revenge against everything,everyone and everygod that has cast you off. FORGOTTEN YOU!' Then all the seniors got riled up and started attacking us shouting 'WE SWEAR ALLEGIANCE' It was hard to watch. Suddenly they all turned into who they used to be. The weird man thing laughed maniacally then the forgotten gods chanted 'ALL HAIL TARTARUS,ALL HAIL TARTARUS'" I was getting pretty freaked out and by the looks on Carter's,Zia's,Walt's,and the initiates faces the were two. Then Bes finished "Then I told everyone you see here to get in the car. We piled in like peas in a pod. I hit the gas and we went faster than Hermes-" "Who?" I asked Bes looked panicked "Uhhh no one" he said "Anyway Horus created a portal that led us here. And that's that." "We must go to your uncle and warn him." Ra said gravely "If this Tartarus promised the old gods revenge they'll need magicians. He sent his lieutenant name of Luke to some nomes to either destroy them or turn them. He succeeded in turning everyone." "Walt you still have that boat?" Carter asked "Docked and ready to go" he responded "Good i'll get Freak ready." And He ran off to his griffins stable. "I'll get plenty of magic amulets and dangerous weapons ready to go" Zia said and ran off. "And I'll leave a good enough excuse for mortal school in case were not back in time for the end of break." I ran off to start writing some dumb excuse mabye a bad case of the flu would do.