Chapter 13

"What do you think you're doing?"

Instead of upwards to meet the dark eyes I knew were glaring at me, I found myself glancing lower and lower. From his bare chest to the exposed peaks of his abs, down lower where—

I snapped my eyes back up and covered them with my hands. My cheeks were flaming with a raging fire and I used my hair to cover the evidence.

"Why are you naked?"

"Why are you out here?" He barked with such a cold voice it would have sucked the heat right of my cheeks, if it weren't for the fact that he was still stark naked. "And why did you run away from me?"

He wrapped his hands around my wrists and pried them off my eyes. I tried to resist, but it was like trying to stop gravity. So, instead I focused my eyes on the forest behind his shoulder.

"I didn't... There was an animal running toward me and I—"

"You've already seen me in my wolf form, so don't start with this again."

At the mention of wolf, I finally realized what color the animal sprinting toward me had been. A beautiful light brown. The same shade as Jared's hair.

"Why did you run away from me?"

"I wasn't." The way his fingers tightened around my wrists told me he didn't believe me. "I... I ran because I'm afraid of dogs."

"I'm not a dog. We're werewolves." He moved one of his hands underneath my chin and forced me to look at him. "Are you telling me you're afraid of wolves?"

While still very much aware of his naked state, I nodded. His eyes softened into a beautiful denim blue, but then hardened once again a second later.

"You need to get over your fear. You're among werewolves now."

I gritted my teeth together at his audacity. Did he really think I would get over my fear because he told me to?

Yet when I tried to open my mouth to tell him just how ridiculous his order was, the soft whisper from the back of my mind returned. The voice telling me to bite my tongue and spare others from listening to my stupidity.

"Jared."

The male voice had both Jared and me turning to the side to find Dyson come to a stop a couple of steps away from us.

"You need to calm down, man. You're scaring her."

My eyes widened and I almost began to stutter. Scared? I wasn't scared. What I was, was angry. I mean, he had just ordered me to get over my fear of dogs.

Before I could open my mouth to try and fail to explain any of that, however, Jared let go of his hold on me.

"Take her back to the pack house," he barked out and a second later he disappeared into the surrounding forest.

I stared into the direction he had vanished into, while struggling between shouting after him about what a jerk he was being and throwing my hands into the air at his predictable disappearance.

"Luna?"

I turned back toward Dyson, a little surprise that I was already reacting to the name like it was my own.

"Let's go."

"You don't need to take me back to the mansion." I shook my head to get rid of any lingering thoughts of Jared. "I know my way back."

"Pack house," he said, while remaining nailed to his spot.

"What?"

"It's called the pack house."