Chapter 22: New Flame

Start from the beginning

She gave me a soft smile and sat the hose she had in her hand aside.  "What's going on with you Kayla?" She asks, grabbing a towel from off the ground and wiping off the windows of the jeep.

"Nothing really," I say, glancing around awkwardly.

"Really? You know Landon is coming back soon. He had been asking about you," she admits to me.

I glance down at the ground as a blush stained my cheeks. "Uh, how's he doing?" I ask before I could stop myself.

"He's doing good for the most part. He's starting to really get along with his father and that's... Nice.  He's not dating anyone."

He's probably just having casual sex with them. That was Landon he didn't date, he just made an exception to break my heart. He was probably fucking the entire highschool and enjoying it.  That was Landon for you.

"You should give him a call. He'd like that."

"No, I don't think would be a good idea. He and I are over and I just don't want to...give any hope to anything happening again.

Well that sucks. I guess its for the best right. I'll see you later honey." She presented me with a forced smile and let me walk back over to my house.  I walked onto my porch and opened my front door. I walked into the house and glanced around.

"Mom!" I call, but receive no answer. Shrugging I trotted up the steps and to my bedroom. Before walking into my room I heard something hit the wall in my mother's bedroom.  Alert I start to walk towards her bedroom only to hear little moans and groans of pleasure.  My eyes widen as I realize my mother was having sex.  I could even hear the headboard richening against the wall.

Frowning I slowly backed away before I turned completely around and sprinted towards my room.  I didn't even think my mother had sex anymore.  It wasn't exactly what I wanted to think about.  I closed my door and locked it as my face twisted in disgust.

I walked over to my closet shaking off what I had just witnessed and began picking through clothes.  I picked out this cute crop top and a pair of shorts.  Sitting the clothes on my bed I walk into my bedroom and turn on the shower.  Before stepping into the shower I glance at myself in the mirror and momentarily my mind conjures up unwanted images of Landon and I.

I take a deep breath and let it out slowly. I hop into the shower and take a quick shower and then I come back out to my room with a towel wrapped around my body. I quickly put on my bra and panties and then took a seat at my vanity. My hair was wet and so I blew dry and then I straighten it. With my hair now straight I get dressed and glance at my clock. It was now six thirty.  I get up and take a look at myself in the mirror. 

I looked sad. I always looked sad though. I always felt sad.  Sighing heavily I move way from my mirror.  Alyssa blew her horn and I frowned realizing she had come early.

I couldn't understand why she was pushing me so hard to go out.  I understand she wanted me to move on, but I didn't really feel like partying.  I was never the partying type to begin with. 

I open my room door and quickly jet down the stairs before my mom came out of her bedroom and I was probably forced to meet the guy she was fucking. I shivered in disgust at the thought and opened the front door.  Alyssa stuck her head out of the window and smiled.

"Move that ass faster!" She yelled with a small smirk. Rolling my eyes I make my way to her passenger's side and open the car door.

"I could have drove to the party," I pout buckling myself in.

"You're not driving tonight I am. You are going to drink and you are going to stop thinking about Landon.  Hunter's cute and single go for it!"

"Landon -"