And, with a composed stride the Titan made way towards Vision as the android lay defenseless. The Mind Stone in his head a mere shiny beacon to the most powerful being in the universe who's only wish was mass genocide. 

Despite everyone's efforts, the heroes were nothing but ants in the Titan's way. So easily crushed with the mere flick of his gauntlet wielding hand. Every person who stood ready to give it everything they got all falling one by one to the giants feet. Their efforts all in vain. 

Bruce, T'Challa, Okoye, Natasha, Rhodey, Sam, Bucky, myself... We all were like pillars made of crepe paper. So easily maneuvered at his will. 

In a desperate last ditch effort Steve with his bare hands tried with all his might to keep Thanos at bay, but even the Captain wasn't enough, and while I lay in the dirt I watched as my friend fell to his demise as well. The ground hitting him hard. 

I felt Bucky grab hold of my hand, and tighten his grip as he looked at me with such defeated, hopeless eyes, us both too weak to stand. 

All I could do was just intertwine my fingers with his flesh hand, and watch. 

Wanda, through her tears of heartbreak, forced herself to do the deed that needed to be done. The very final act that the heroes even had at our disposal. And, even though she screamed, and cried she used her powers to shatter the Mind Stone just before Thanos could stop her. 

The Infinity gems annihilation causing a massive surge of yellow energy to erupt within the forest, the light nearly blinding. With her love gone she fell to the ground, Vision's destroyed, lifeless body beside her. 

Though even with all her power, and will to do the deed, that wasn't enough. To Thanos that was a minor setback. A setback easily fixable in his eyes. 

So calmly, and with callous Thanos used the Time Stone, his large hand pulling the dead android body up, and with the green gem he reversed everything. 

Bringing Vision back to life momentarily only to brutally rip the Mind Stone straight out of his head once more before the android once again died right before our very eyes. 

"No!" Wanda screeched, rushing to fight once more, but Thanos merely swatted her away like she a mere fly. 

Like it was a treasure, the Titan admired the Mind Stone before sinking it into it's rightful place on the gauntlet. Completing his goal entirely. The six stones glimmering almost mockingly in the reflections of the heroes tired eyes. 

Yelling out, the Mad Titan absorbed all of the Infinity Stones within his body, the unlimited powers coursing through his veins hurting him, yet also sealing his destiny. 

Thanos simply smiled, proudly staring at his fully accented gauntlet. The monstrous pride he felt terrifying, and devastating. 

Though interrupting the Titan's triumphant moment was an unexpected lightning striking hammer that with the speed of light tore straight through the Mad purple giants chest. His indigo hued blood splattering along the forests floor. 

The persistent, vengeful God who's resolve was found through pure wrath appeared, and mercilessly Thor sunk his Stormbreaker deeper into the Titan's heart, making Thanos holler out in agony. 

But, even in writhing pain on bended knee the Titan taunted the desperate Asgardian. 

"You... Y-You should've gone for the head." Thanos mocked through a wince, and in horror we all witnessed the golden gauntlet rise up, and with a smirk the Mad Titan snapped his fingers. 

After the snap rang out for everyone to hear, and after the blast from the stones being used in unison dwindled out we all gazed upon the Titan's now severely damaged left arm. 

His purple skin charred, his muscles crippled, the gauntlet smoking as if it had been set on fire, the gold blackened. 

Vehemently the confused God cried out. 

"What did you do?!" 

But, without replying Thanos just vanished. Disappearing through a portal, the Stormbreaker that was previously gouged into his chest now on the ground. 

And, left in Thanos' wake the heroes all looked around, the meaning behind the Titan's snap not yet upon us. The devastation, and wrenching loss not showing itself until... 

In the silence, and in our defeat... The living began to fall to ash. Half to be exact of all those who existed were now reduced to piles on the ground. 

"Rebecca

"Rebecca..." I suddenly heard Bucky say beside me, his hand tightening around mine. Him wanting so desperately to stay. To stay with me. 

And, looking over I watched as flecks of him began to splinter away... 

I held onto Bucky's hand until his fingers turned to dust in my palm, until the tears which had flooded his slate blue eyes disintegrated like logs in a fire. 

The first time Bucky left me I got mad, and through my pain I screamed. I still had enough fury in me to jump from that damned train, and hope for the best. But now? I am without hope. 

Bucky continued to fade, and fade... The habit of being taken away from me again and again happening right before my very eyes once more. 

Though this time I didn't scream, I didn't move... I watched in defeat while the love of my life disappeared. 

His ashes settling onto my lap, the gray soot covering my hands, and it was as if I had gone deaf. The world around me falling dead silent, and the only thing I heard was the trembling wails of helplessness that echoed inside of me. 

"It hurts... Living", I silently thought to myself as silent tears trickled down my face, as my hands shook, and as my heart pounded in my chest. "It hurts to live on, and I wish I had gone with him". 

Thanos had succeeded, and with the snap of his fingers half the universe had turned to dust. And, the heroes? They had lost, not just the battle, but pieces of themselves as well. Including me... 

In the pile of Bucky's ashes I sat, noticing a hand resting limply on my shoulder, and looking over I saw Steve crumble beside me. Looking just as hopeless as I...