Chapter One

Let's start our story to five years ago, 2014. We're back in Vernon Hills and David and I are meeting up to talk about after senior year.
  "Theres something I need to tell you," he said, looking at the ground.
  "Oh good theres something I need to tell you too," I said.
  "On the count of three we say it at the same time?"
  "Okay."
  "One."
  "Two."
  "Three."
  "I'm moving to Los Angeles," we both simultaneously.
"Why are you moving to L.A.," David asks me.
"I could ask you the same thing," I retort.
"I asked first."
"For school. I got accepted into USC. Now, why are you moving to L.A.?"
"For my dream career. I'm telling you, Izzy, I'm gonna make it big."

  And that's how we ended up here in L.A.. I'm a freshman in law school and David's a successful YouTuber and we're still best friends.

  I woke up early in the morning and hopped in the shower. I lived in an apartment that was across from Dom's. I quickly washed my hair, body, and face. I got out and blow dried my long blonde hair, wanting to get ready as quick as possible because my first, and thankfully only class, of the day starts at 8:30. I put on a yellow Thrasher hoodie and a pair of black, high waisted leggings. I went to the door and put on my yellow Vans and grabbed my phone and keys. I made my way to my white Mercedes that my dad had gotten me after I graduated college. As I was walking through the garage to my parking spot, David came from behind a pillar and screamed, making me scream.
  "Jesus fucking Christ, David," I said closing my eyes. "It's 7:50 in the morning, didn't you just upload a video like three hours ago."
  "Aww you know my uploading schedule," he said.
  "No I just know that you suck ass at uploading on time."
  "Thats rude."
  "David I have class at 8:30, I'm going to be late if you don't move the fuck out of my way."
  "Alright," he said stepping out of the way. "But we're still going to hang out after your class right?"
  "Yes David," I sighed.
  "Alright. Good luck at Hell."
  "Get some sleep."
  I smiled lightly and tilted my head.

  I took as many notes as possible during class, I didn't want to miss a thing. I kept getting texts from David and just decided to turn off my phone completely. God he can be so annoying, but he's my best friend and I love him. I smile to myself as I think about David. No, Izzy, hone back into class. I continued to listen for the next two hours which was when class ended.

The class finally finished after what felt like days and when I walked outside I took a deep breath from the cool air. I turned my phone back on ready for the hundreds of texts from David. As soon as I turned my phone on, it started to drizzle, then downpour. I quickly ran for my car and got in. I texted David to let him know I was on my way to his house. As I drove I had one knee pulled up to my chest, one of the things that David and I have in common. When I got to David's house it was still raining. I stepped out of my car and started to run up to his door. But as I was running up I slipped on the concrete and landed on my ass. I contemplated whether getting up or just sitting where I was. David came out cackling harder than ever as he saw me sitting on the driveway.
  "Are you ok," he asked in between laughs. I reached my hand out for him to pull me up.
  "I'm fine," I retorted, sarcastically. He helped me up and I grabbed my keys and phone that fell out of my hands when I fell.
  "I'll grab you a pair of joggers. I know how it must suck to have a wet ass now."
  David bursted out laughing again and I rolled my eyes with a slight smile on my face.
  "Hi Nathalie," I called when we got inside. Nathalie was one of my best friends from Vernon Hills.
  "Hi Izzy," she called back.
  I walked with David to his room and he handed me a pair of his joggers. I changed out of my wet leggings and into the oversized joggers. I tied them as tight as possible so they could fit me.
  "Izzy I have a surprise for you," David said when I was scrolling through my Instagram timeline in the living room.
-
Hi! So thats where we're ending this chapter sorry it's so long, uh, hoped you enjoyed it.