Chapter Four

After about three months of dates and texting and calls and getting to know each other, Jake and I decided to make it official. We were now boyfriend and girlfriend. Jake and Izzy. That was so weird to say. I haven't had time for a boyfriend in two years, let alone a serious relationship. Sure I've had short relationships or one night stands, but nothing serious. Tonight I was taking Jake to meet David, Nathalie, Zane, Heath, Scotty, Todd, and Jason. The people who I considered my 'California Family.' We were all meeting at David's house.
I decided just to put on a white cropped tube top, black, high-waisted, ripped skinny jeans, and a pair of black and white checkered slip-on Vans. I left my hair down and only put on some mascara.
Jake had picked me up from my apartment at about 7:00 to get to David's house at 7:30. I swear Jake and I are literally the same person because he has the same Mercedes as me just in red.
"Hi," he greeted me when I got in the car.
"Hi," I greeted back. I pecked him on the lips like I have been ever since we had our first kiss on our first date. I know it sounds fast but it felt, right.
When we got to David's house we could hear people talking as we reached the front door. I intertwined my fingers with his and opened the door pulling him in with me.
"Hi everyone," I say, walking into the living room with Jake close to me. "This is Jake. Jake this is David, Nathalie, Jason, Todd, Scott, Zane, and Heath."
"Hi," everyone says.
"So Jake what are your intentions with my daughter," Jason asked in a protective way.
"Jason we go over this every time," I said, with everyone laughing. "I'm not your fucking daughter."
"I know you're not my fucking daughter but you're the closest thing I have to it."
"What do you mean," David said laughing. "You have a daughter."
"Oh shit," Jason responded laughing. "That's right."
"I'm sorry things are so crazy," I whispered to Jake.
"It's fine," he said. "It reminds me of my family at Christmas time in Delaware."
I smiled at him as Jason and David talked about how Jason forgot he has a daughter.
  "No but seriously what are you intentions," Zane said, getting serious.
  "I don't know yet," Jake responded.
  "What do you mean you don't know yet," David said.
  "David we've only been going out for three months," I retorted.
  "When I was dating Liza-"
  "No stop talking. My relationship is not yours, which is now over may I add."
  The rest of the night went smoothly with everyone laughing and enjoying each others company.

  "I'm sorry that everyone kept asking so many questions," I said when Jake pulled out of David's driveway.
  "It's nice to see you not so, stressed," he responded.
  "Stressed?"
  "Yeah. Whenever we go out on like a Monday or Wednesday, you seem so tense."
  "It's just school."
  Jake dropped me off at my apartment and I dragged myself upstairs, tired.
-
-
-
-
Another short one, I'm sorry. But I love how Jason is with Izzy.