Chapter 1

The bar. The main place that Zelda Kubo hung out at after... Cayde. Her best friend, her teacher, her love. Taken from her. By the man Uldren Sov. She walked to the usual bar stool she sat at every time she came. She took her seat and pulled off her helmet. She set it on the table, along with 20 glimmer. The bartender, Furiosa, turned to look at the Awoken Guardian. Zelda nodded and Furiosa nodded back. The tower was still mourning over the loss of the Guardian, Cayde-6. It wasn't the same. It never would be. Furiosa place two small glasses of rum in front of Zelda. Furiosa walked over to the other bartender and ask him to take over. He nodded and took over. Furiosa walked over to Zelda and picked up her helmet. She gestured for Zelda to follow. Zelda Grabbed her glasses and followed. Furiosa led her to the outside balcony that was off limits to anyone who intended to have a drink up there. But Furiosa didn't mind. Zelda never got drunk. Unless she was drinking with Cayde.

"It's not the same." Furiosa commented.

"It never will be. He's gone. And there's nothing i can do. I was too late again."

"Not everyone makes it out alive, Zelda." Furiosa reminded her.

"But... it's not fair. Cayde was the one who took me into the Vanguard. Cayde is the one who taught me if i got knocked down, i have to dust myself off and keep living. But i can't do that without him."

"How close where you two? I know it's none of my business but i think at least some people deserve to know. So... if you wouldn't mind telling me." Furiosa pushed and Zelda didn't see any harm in letting out the truth.

"Me and Cayde shared a close relationship. He told me things he hadn't told anyone. He trusted me and comforted me when times were hard. I looked at our relationship and i realized i loved him. It was shortly after the red war. I talked to Cayde and told him how i felt. And i think that was the first time i saw him speechless. And if Exo's could blush, i'm pretty sure his would've been as red as a tomato."

Furiosa sat up and listened.

"How about you start from the beginning. The very beginning." Furiosa suggested.

"How far?" Zelda asked.

"To when you joined the Vanguard. All the way too this point. I need to hear this. Please."

Zelda nodded.

"It's gonna be a long long story." She warned.

Furiosa stood up and smiled.

"In that case, i'll go get us more drinks. Plus, I've got plenty of time. I'll be right back."

Zelda nodded and watched as Furiosa walked back into the bar. This was it. Zelda was about to cover her entire history with the Vanguard. She just hoped it wouldn't reopen old wounds. But the thing Zelda didn't want to cover was the fact that Cayde was not her first love. He was the second. That was sure to be the most embarrassing part for her. Furiosa came back and sat down.

Zelda pulled out a picture of her and Cayde. She smiled and began.

"It all started on Mars. I had boarded a ship and found myself at Mars. I didn't have an objective or anything. I had no one and nothing. Keep in mind this was before i was apart of the Vanguard."

Zelda left the ship she had managed to sneak aboard. She looked all around her surroundings. The command center was just ahead. People all around her carried their everyday tools. Whether it being weapons or tools. I walked through the crowd of people and into the command center. And that is where I met Anna Bray. My... first love interest.