You Take My Breath Away

Rantaro x Blackened!Reader [angst]

Killing Game AU!

Requested by Anime_441

Sorry, I fixed the glitch!! Enjoy!!

Gripping the corners of your podium, you felt tears pricking your eyes. Somehow, you felt an unnatural tingle warning you of impending doom, all eyes on you. "You got it all wrong, I'm a witness! Not the killer!"

"[Y/N], I'm sorry, but I think we both know what happened." Kaede stares at the floor with sadness in her eyes.

"Shuichi, you believe me don't you?" Trying your best to smile at him, the detective hesitantly turns away.

Shuichi covers his mouth with displeasure, he doesn't like the words you are speaking.

It was an hour into this class trial, yet the students were getting nowhere and no answers to why this murder took place. They just wanted to get this over and done with.

"[Y/N], it would really help us if you just tell us what happened," Kaede spoke in a soft voice. "Wouldn't you feel better if you confess."

Your expression shifted, you became defensive, almost opposing.

"You don't have to confess," Shuichi spoke up. "Just tell us the truth."

Your lips trembled, "R-Rantaro... he was there too..."

Shuichi glanced over at the student. "It doesn't look like he wants to talk."

Rantaro remained stoic for the whole hour, not even uttering a single word. He looked so wracked with grief.

"Do you remember seeing Gonta before the murder?" Shuichi takes your attention away from Rantaro.

You remembered clearly, the pink blood escaping from the back of his head, staining his hair. "Oh, Gonta..." You whispered to yourself.

Shuichi and Kaede waited for whatever you were going to say.

Covering your arms with your hands, you trembled. "Gonta, I didn't mean to..."

"Did you see something, [Y/N]?" Kaede asked.

Nodding your head, a few whispers were heard among your classmates.

"What did you see?" Shuichi leans forward. "Was it bad?"

"W-what I saw?" You turned to Rantaro. "I saw Rantaro being attacked by Gonta."

The student remains silent, sweat sliding down his temple.

Shuichi and the rest of the students eyed Rantaro. His head was hanging low and you couldn't see his eyes.

You began to shake, "I didn't know what else to do, I-I didn't want Rantaro to be killed...!"

Remembering the second you walked into the science lab, you heard a thud and then gasps for air. Turning your head you see a student being pushed into a wall and being strangled by the throat.

Rantaro's green eyes were wide with an emotion you've never seen before. Your body was frozen and you felt the world slow down.

Suddenly, you made eye contact with him. Rantaro, with his teeth gritting in pain, looked at a table.

There was a bunsen burner stand, the base was thick with metal and the handle seemed to be pointing at you. Looking back at the boys, Gonta didn't notice you and Rantaro's hands gripped Gonta's wrists.

With shaky hands, you grabbed the stand from the clamp. You held it like a baseball bat, your hands clammy with cold sweat.

Taking a step forward and going up on your tippy toes, you raised it over your head. A surge of doubt went through your body and you hesitated.