Safe For Now

Rantaro Amami x Blackened!Reader [angst]

Killing Game AU

Just as Shuichi points a finger your direction, Monokuma begins to laugh. You grip the corners of your podium when all eyes were on you. Including your boyfriend, Rantaro Amami stood still and couldn't seem to speak at the moment.

Your heart rate increased and you found it harder to breathe. You tilted your head to look up at the ceiling, attempting to dry the tears forming in your eyes. "I'm scared..." You whispered.

Shuichi turns to you, "You're scared because we finally know who killed Kaede."

You turned your head to look at him, "I never meant to kill her!" You shouted in defence. "It's my fault she's dead, but I never wanted to kill Kaede in the first place... I'm sorry!"

"Begging for forgiveness like that..." Kokichi shook his head with a smile on his face. "You're a better liar than me, [Y/N]!"

You started losing hope. Your classmates stared at you with betrayed expressions. You look at Rantaro, his expression is still blank.

"I've prepared a very special punishment for the ultimate [talent]!" Monokuma sings out loud and hugs himself.

You started to sweat bullets. This isn't real, right? You never meant to kill her... It was for his safety.

Your stomach was turning, your lunch slowly went up your throat. You felt like throwing up.

"It's punishment time-!" Monokuma was interrupted.

"Hold on!" Rantaro slams his fists on the podium. Everyone looks in his direction and was startled by his actions. "[Y/N] can't be executed!"

"Why not?!" Shuichi jumps in surprise.

"Only because I-"

"Rantaro, don't say another word!" You fire back, tears finally falling down your cheeks.

Rantaro grips his shirt as if he was trying to hold himself back. His green eyes were filled with regret, "I told [Y/N] to kill Kaede!"

Everyone's eyes widen and a few gasped. You stepped back, covering your mouth to silence your crying.

"But... why?!" Shuichi was speechless, too shocked to even move.

Rantaro looks at you, "Because I thought Kaede was the mastermind."

"Rantaro... No..." You shook your head, your voice barely above a whisper.

"The way she was the first person to investigate the rooms and how she wanted to be in everyone's business... I just assumed that Kaede was up to something." Rantaro hissed. "So I talked to [Y/N] and told her that Kaede was planning to kill me. I lied to your face, [Y/N]... I'm sorry..."

You shook your head and hid your face from your classmates.

"And then what happened next?" Shuichi asked.

You spoke up, "Out of a fit of fear and anger, I stabbed her... W-With the kitchen knife...!" The words could barely leave your mouth. "Because... I wanted Rantaro to be safe..." You wiped your tears with your sleeve.

"So I should be executed!" Rantaro placed a hand on his chest.

Monokuma laughs again, "Since [Y/N] was the one to do the killing, she is the killer behind this case! [Y/N] is the blackened, who was caught, which means punishment!"

Rantaro shakes his head and runs his hands through his green hair, "S-Shit...!"

"Let's go! Punishment time!!" Monokuma raised his gavel to smash the button.

"[Y/N]!" Rantaro runs towards you, only to be pulled back by a teary-eyed Gonta. "Don't go!"

You reached out for your boyfriend but you feel a metal collar grab your neck, "Rantaro-" You choked and smiled bitterly, "Goodbye."

Yes!!!! I've started this oneshot book with some shitty angst!! Hope you enjoyed!! More oneshots coming in the future!!!

ALSO HAPPY BIRTHDAY RANTARO!!!!