Final Chapter

Don't worry guys. The overall story doesn't end but unfortunately this book does. The next one shouldn't take long to put together but anyways, enjoy the chapter!
____________________________________

        He returned to consciousness with the sound of familar ear pleasing humming. For a bit, since he hadn't opened his eyes yet, Add thought he might be dead. It was possible since he remembered being stabbed by Raven just before he went after Ara. Add snapped his eyes open in that moment, panic replacing whatever peace he had. "He took in the familiar surroundings and noticed that he lay across a bed while resting in someone's lap.

        "I glad you're finally awake. I was worried about you," the person, who had also neen running their hand through his hair, said as he looked up at them. "Mother?" Add asked, unsure of whether or not he was dreaming or really just dead...but his mother was alive last time he checked. "Yes, silly. It's me," his mother said with a slight laugh. Although Add was glad to finally see his mother again, his panic still hadn't subsided. "Where's Ara?" Add asked as he tried to sit up only to find himself in pain.

        "Calm down, Add. Everything is fine. Ara is here, she's just asleep. I think she would have gotten up by now if it weren't for her own wounds and fatigue," Add's mother said as she got Add to lay back down. "How is she? How badly was she hurt?" Add asked, fearing the answer. "Nothing major. She seemed pretty devastated when the two of you arrived here though. I'm just glad that you're back here alive and well," Add's mother said. Add felt his eyes tear up a bit, realizing that his mother was once again acting as though she cared about him.

        "I want to go see her," Add said. "You're not in the condition to do that. Your wound was much deeper and potentially more deadlier than Ara's were so you'll need more time to heal," Grace said. She looked down at Add with a smile and continued to pet his head. Add realized something though. His mother didn't seem to be all that phased by him and Ara getting hurt which meant she either knew what was going on or just didn't care. There was even the possibility of both. And of course Paradox would be around for how else did Add end up back home.

         "Miss Grace? Are you awake?" Ara's voice called as she made an appearance in the doorway, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. "Yes, I'm awake. Add is too," Grace said as she looked towards Ara. Ara's eyes immediately lit up and clouded with relief as she saw Add and she walked over to him and his mother. The first thing Ara did was drop to her knees next to the bed and begin to cry with her head burried into the sheets at the edge of the bed. Add didn't know what for but he felt it was his fault plus he didn't like seeing Ara cry.

        "I'm so sorry. I couldn't win and I nearly got you killed too and in the end, there was so much death. It was awful," Ara said to Add. Grace gave Ara a look of pity. "You poor child. Come here," Grace said as she reached out to Ara. Ara complied, going over to the other side of Grace and leaning onto the bed near her. Grace started to pet Ara too. "Once you two are all healed up, you can go back to your mission again. It's so wonderful, what you two are doing," Grace said with a smile but something was most definately wrong with her statement and nonchalant attitude.

        "I'll go make you two some breakfast. That should make you both feel better. Ara, could you keep Add company while I'm gone?" Grace said. Ara nodded and moved so that Grace could leave. Once his mother was out of sight and hopefully out of earshot, Add decided to try getting up on his own. He fought through the pain long enough to be able to sit up but he couldn't get any further than that. When Ara noticed his change in position, she got off of the floor and sat next to him.

         She was wearing a pair of his old clothes which he didn't mind but he certainly wondered why. He himself had also been changed into something old that he owned. "How lomg have we been here?" Add asked. "A day and almost a half...you nearly died," Ara answered. After she'd stopped crying, her eyes remained sorrowful as she stared off into space. "What exactly happened in Altera?" Add asked although he wasn't sure if Ara was emotionally stable enough to answer him.