Chapter 22

I find it entertaining to write this because I got back over it and read it when I'm done sometimes.
____________________________________

       The flashback came the very moment Ara left his side a second time. He hated this flashback and he wished that he could stop Ara but he was frozen in place as he remembered what his mother had done for him when they were last in Altera. Ara was about to do the same thing and Add already knew that things weren't going to end very well especially at Eve's mercy. She hated humans, all except her father, which had baffled Add when he'd first found out.

       "Do you know what it is that you've done?! How dare you appear before me after the crimes you've committed!" Eve had yelled as Add stood behind his mother, Grace, who was protecting him. He was somewhat in the wrong this time but Grace didn't care. "He's only but a child. Please, don't hold him accountable for his actions," Grace said. "You and I both know that this child of yours has more than enough intellect to be able to tell that what he did was wrong. He is to suffer the consequences of his actions and you are to be banished from Altera," Eve said. "Your majesty please, he's my only son! I've already lost my husband. Let me take my son away from here and I promise that we'll never return," Gace pleaded.

        "You've had your chances Grace. I'm being nice enough to spare you but your son must not be spared for his crimes...unless you were to convince me otherwise," Eve said. All the while Add had been hiding behind his mother, not regretting a single thing. Dynamo had been there as well but he had not been permitted to speak in the queen's presence. Add watched in shock as his mother got down on her knees and bowed to Eve. "Please, I beg of you. Spare my son and I. I apologize for the both of us and if I have to, I'll take the blame but please don't harm my son, he's all I have left," Grace had said. Add didn't want her to apologize though and he most certainly didn't want his mother to cry as she did so.

       It was already bad enough that his mother had to do something like that but now it was Ara. Ara had already gone through enough humiliation in her life especially with her siblings always picking on and targeting her so it only made things worse for Add as he watched her beg on his behalf. "What is your name, girl?" Eve asked. Ara didn't even raise her head as she answered. Add was speechless though, still shocked that Ara would humiliate herself for his sake.

       "That's a nice name. You are important to Add I assume or else he wouldn't have brought you along with him. Why should I actually go against my rules and let him live. My subjects were expecting an execution," Eve said. "Your majesty, with all due respect, you asked that I beg on his behalf so I am. I beg that you let him go and release him of the charges that you claim he has," Ara said all while staying submissive to the queen. Add shook his head though, almost angered that Eve would have Ara continue to beg. "You're submissiveness is much appreciated Ara. I will show mercy and allow Add to be freed of his crimes and charges," Eve said.

        At this, Ara rose from the ground and turned around giving Add a smile. "Guards, take Ara to the execution room and have Add watch. Lock him away afterwards," Eve said. Ara's smile instantly faded and was replaced with shock as she turned back to look at Eve. The guards had already shot forward to take hold of her but so had Add. The guards had put out their weapons to stop him though and took hold of him as well, pulling him away from Ara. "No! Let her go!" Add yelled as he fought to get to Ara.

         The guards had already taken her bag and were pulling Ara away. She erupted into power, her hair going white, likely borrowing it from Eun but no tails appeared. Even with Eun's power, Ara was not strong enough to break free of the humanoid nasods' hold. The crowd began to cheer which only fueled Add's anger and despair. Add reached out to Ara who was doing the same but their hands couldn't connect and they were being pulled away from each other. One of the guards actually hit Ara to stop her from struggling and that was when Add really got angry.