"Mark, you can't just say stuff like—"

"But aren't you all gay here? So you all shouldn't mind. I'd like to make it well known that I am the minority here as a straight man, and as such should be treated with all die respect."

"It must be so hard being straight in this day and age." Alex faked sympathy and Mark laughed, an almost childlike laugh that made him look even younger. Only his scar marred his features, twisting his smile to one side ever so slightly.

"It's almost unbearable sometimes. I mean, if you take into consideration that fact that this guy," he gestured to Jonathan, who looked wary of whatever he was about to say. "Practically eye fucks his body guard every time we walk past him. If you ask me, he wants him to do more than guard—"

"What was that about Eva wanting to talk to our guests?" Jonathan cut in quickly.

"Yes, and she's not alone, so you should probably go talk to her now. It's a safe place to meet...well, anyone who it might be hard to talk to otherwise."

He looked pointedly in my eyes, and I caught his drift. Alex seemed to as well, and was quick to stand from his seat.

"Mark, why don't you show them how to get there from here. I don't think we need to meet up again after that. I'll see you in the morning." He let us out into the hallway, before walking out himself, and heading towards his rooms.

"Of course, leave the secretary with the hard job." Mark called after him.

"That's what I pay you for."

Mark grumbled under his breath, looking through some papers in his clipboard. He then shoved it under his arm, and began walking down the hall, expecting us to follow.

Something was bothering me about him. A suspicion that was nagging at my brain and that I couldn't shake away. It had come the moment he made eye contact with me. Not being able to make sense of whatever was bothering me, I let it slide.

The moment Mark knocked and the door was opened, Alex pushed past me into the room. Eva was sitting on her couch, as usual, and standing by the window, looking like he was completely lost in thought, was Elliot.

"Elliot!" Alex couldn't contain the excitement in his voice, and Elliot turned abruptly, a small smile at the corner of his mouth.

Alex has been rushing forward to greet him, but seemed to think better of it, and stopped within a few feet of him.

"Can I hug you?" He asked, almost too soft for me to hear. Tears filled Elliot's eyes, and he nodded slightly.

The tension in his body was obvious to everyone, but I'm sure especially to Alex. Gradually, he began to relax, and hugged Alex back. When he pulled away, I was superseded to see an almost blank look instead of tears in his eyes. Jasper had done more damage than we had thought.

"Raymond, you came too." Raymond sniffed, pulling him gently into a hug.

I stood there, awkwardly, wanting so much to be someone he would hug right now, but knowing I wouldn't be. He would have to have trusted me before this to be near me now. After what Jasper must have done to him.

"Hi, Thomas." He whispered, and I tried to smile at him, thinking only of what Jasper had done. Of how much we could actually relate if I would just tell Elliot what happened. But he would find out soon enough.

He seemed to have stepped out of some sort of daze to greet us. For a minute he smiled and spoke to us almost like normal, but gradually, he retreated back into himself, answering only in short one word answers, and avoiding our eyes.