Quill the Angel

Prompt via monsterkinkmeme.tumblr.com:

You'd been an atheist all your life, so when you find an angel casually sipping coffee in your dining room, dropping glowing feathers on your hardwood floors, you felt the need to re-evaluate your position.

Male angel x Male/Nonbinary Reader

Warning for somewhat suggestive content 

---------------------------------

An angel was the last thing you'd been expecting to find sitting cross-legged on the cozy bench in your dining room window. Your lover? Sure. A stray cat? That was fairly common. A raccoon that had somehow gotten down the chimney like a quadrupedal Santa Claus and left soot everywhere? There's been worse. But an angel???

All you can do is stand there gape-mouthed, watching as they sip coffee from your part-time boyfriend's favorite mug and reading the novel you'd recommended to him less than a week ago like it was no big deal. Never mind that six - not two but six - large wings, with almost blinding white feathers, were draped all around them, dragging on the floor, spread across their lap and butting up against the window; you had to admit it looked like an effective sun blocker.

Three, blood red horns protruded from their forehead and temples that merged at the tips like they'd been conditioned to grow that way. Their ears were small and appeared mostly internal and from what you could see of their face, they looked decently human, but their mouth unsettled you; even in profile, you could tell it could split in a truly terrifying grin. What threw you off, even more, was the fact that they had the exact same hair and skin tone as Quill, your boyfriend. That golden, sun-kissed skin and those loose black curls appeared far too familiar for your liking and you were liking this less by the second.

Just as you're wondering whether this was really an angel or a demon sent to drag you back to hell where you belonged, they turn to face you and steal your breath. Eight striking purple eyes blink at you like a spider and you have to bite back a scream when several more eyes open up on the thing's wings.

"Jackie!" Quill's baritone voice says cheerfully, the angel's - demon's? - lips moving in time with the words as they set the mug and book down. "I didn't think your plane landed until tomorrow, I would've come picked you up!"

"I- uh... I caught an earlier flight," you gulp, heart, pounding like it was trying to escape your rib cage and run as far as it could from... whoever this was.

They had to just be imitating Quill's voice, right? This couldn't really be him, could it?

"Is everything alright?" Quill ducks to catch your eyes and you realize you'd been looking anywhere except at him. "You look a little pale."

"You have wings," the words leave you almost breathless as Quill freezes in place, all of his eyes trained on you and making your knees feels like jello.

Tension engulfs the room as the two of you stand there staring at each other in shock and abject horror, little more than an arms length apart. As you continue to observe him, drinking in his form and getting used to the dozens of piercing eyes that seem to stare directly into your soul, you find yourself growing hot under their gaze.

"I- you-" Quill seems at a loss for words and clears his throat before continuing. "You can see these?" he asks, lifting one of his wings and very narrowly missing a vase on the table.

"Am I not supposed to?"

"No?" he sounds somewhat confused over the whole thing. "Mortals don't usually see us in our true forms."

"Us?" you squeak.

There was a mix of awe and adoration in his eyes, all... thirty-six? of them and you can feel your cheeks flush under their loving scrutiny. This really was Quill and by gods did he look good.

"I think you've gathered by now that I'm an angel..." he trails off when he sees the look on your face and his many eyes travel down your front until they focus on the growing bulge in your pants. "And you seem alright with this"

"You- you have some explaining to do before that," you stammer, making a weak attempt to stand your ground.

"Or," his tone is sultry and you have to lean on the table to prevent your legs from giving out. "We could deal with that now and talk later. I promise it'll be a divine experience."