chapter 28

Emily's POV

"So can I ask you something that is if you don't mind..!" I said getting off the kitchen counter...
"Wait let me guess.. is it about that kid issue?" He said..
And I nodded
"What do you want to know?" He said but I could feel he didn't really want to talk about it..
"You know what forget about it.. let's just celebrate.." I said smiling and trying my best to ease the 'i-don't-want-to-talk-about-it' look on his face..
"But celebration for what?" He asked a tad bit confused..
"Uh you-comimg-back-home-from-tour celebration duh.." I replied, while tying my hair because I damn sure I look like a patient from an asylum..
"That's not a thing but I will roll with it.. and please don't tie your hair.. you look good with open hair.." he said sweetly, thus making me blush again..
"Cool.. and.. uh.. why don't you go change, take a shower and I will see what I can do..!" I said looking at him..
"Uh how about you sit over here.. or like come with me.. we can take a shower together and then I can order pizza.. there's this cool pizzeria just down the road.. I noticed while coming.." he said..
"Yeah that's new.. I didn't have the time to check it out.. but I do have a pamphlet that they were distributing today morning.." I said
"Is that all you heard out of all the things I just told you?" He asked, his head tilted to one side, kind of reminded me of a puppy or a dog and I smiled inwardly at my thought..
"No.. I heard all of it.. as fun as your offer sounds, I have to decline it.. and aren't you way too eager for everything today?" I asked with my hands on my hips..
"Don't do that.. I am already having a hard time and you are making it harder.. you know what I don't want to drag this conversation so let's end it here.. wait for me I will take a shower then we can eat some pizza and watch some movies.." he said and literally ran upstairs... It was indeed very evident that he was struggling.. I burst into a fit of laughter seeing his poor condition.. I sat down on the couch and patiently waited for him to come back..
Meantime my mind wondered back to the kid issue that he was having.. I didn't what to make of it.. he wasn't ready to speak and I wasnt going to force him to spill it, but I was really curious to know what happened to the whole thing...
"What are you thinking again?" He asked tapping my shoulder...
"Nothing.. let's order.." I said..
"No wait I want to talk.. about the kid.." he said while fidgeting with the Hem of my shirt...
"You don't have to tell me if you don't feel comfortable... This conversation can wait.."I said, and put my hand on his face and gently caressed it..
"No just listen..I need to get over with this..Nelson went and spoke to the girl and asked her to explain everything honestly.. she wasn't ready to speak but when Nelson showed up with the cops she confessed everything, she said that she did all of this because someone told her to do it.. she couldn't give us a name or she never saw the person.. she was instructed on the phone.. and every month a huge sum of money was transferred to her bank account as a 'reward' for her work.. she said she was desperate for the money for paying the rent, the bills,  taking care of her father as well as her disabled brother.. she said that she never wanted to do this but circumstances forced her to.. she was extremely regretful about the whole thing.. they found the account number from which money was transferred to her account, the cops asked the bank authority to provide them with detailed information about the account.. when checked somehow everything turned out fake except for the phone number.. now don't ask me how that's possible.. I honestly don't know.. Nelson said he would let me know once they find out the culprit till then they cancelled all the shows, even said we would refund all the money that were spent to buy the tickets and he also asked me to get some rest, cause things were starting to get to me.. and not just me it was taking a toll on the entire band.." he said and looked away..
"Come here.." I pulled him and hugged him.. he relaxed as I rubbed his back.. "don't worry we will figure this out.." I said again and kissed the top of his head.. I ran my hand through his hair, not long after that I could hear soft snores escaping his mouth.. he was sound asleep.. I didn't feel like getting up so I leant back and soon sleep consumed me...