BETRAYAL

"IM A COWBOY ON THIS STEEL HORSE I RIDE. IM WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE, WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE."

I nod my head to the tune in my car. My foot pressed hard on the gas and I zoomed over the state line. I realized at 4 o'clock this morning that Hunter had to sleep at some point. I have no clue in hell why I didn't realize this before.

I had peeked out of my room to see James one of the new guards here. He looked drowsy and barley awake and all it took was a a quick movement and my hand found a vital nerve in his back and down he went. 

Now I was in some car that my dad owned driving who knows where. That was a complete lie but if I allowed myself to think about where I was going I would never get there. I looked down at my wrist where my watch was and saw it was 7:38. Hunter would probably have figured out that I was missing by now.

I laughed as I imagined what his expression would be. I looked down at my phone. According to google maps I would get there in about 20 minutes. God I don't really what the fuck I was doing but did I really have a choice. It was 18 minutes later when I pulled up at florida state prison. 

Holy Moses. My step-mom was in there. That thought alone made a shiver run down my spine. Images of her running at me with a kitchen knife. A look of hatred crossing every single one of her features.

I shook my head. Her release was supposed to be at 11. So I relaxed into my seat tired from getting up early. And just like that I was gone from the world. 

*

*

I groaned as I rolled over and realized I was laying over the console of my car. 'Crap' I mumble and sit up renewed. I realized as I looked out at the wet roads that it was raining, not to hard though. 

I look at clock and swear. 11:23. I scramble out of my car and into the rain. The pavement is cold under my feet and I realize I'm not wearing shoes or socks. God I was an idiot. 

The parking lot outside the facility is surrounded by trees. God it feels like a prison cell in itself just to stand here. There are guards at the entrance. Fuck it, this was it I was going to do this.

There is only 5 cars in the parking lot yet it seems crowded. I frowned at a new looking black BMW. It looked familiar for some reason. I looked down at my phone, surprised that Hunter hand't contacted me yet.

I grinned as I looked over his past texts. He was such a control freak. I smiled and looked up. I froze dead. My dad in all his pristine walked out of the front doors with a wide grin. But that wasn't what made my stomach turn.

It was the woman walking hand in hand with him. She looked different. Skinnier. Meaner. Still beautiful in her own right but still a snake hiding in human skin. It has been 6 years.

I backed away quickly and hid behind my car. But that was still to close as I watched him bring her against his BMW and kiss her passionately. I back away until my back hits a tree. My dad is grinning, she is grinning they both look happy.

I don't know why this surprised me so much. I mean I wasn't close with him we didn't talk to each other and we always butted heads. But that doesn't change the feeling of betrayal that runs so deep that for the first time in a while I think it touched my heart...

Fucking hell. I didn't care if he fucked other woman in the house or hell even ignored my whole existence. But to kiss, love and hold on to her for so many years. A woman who tried to kill me. Who ran at me with a knife, who stabbed me. 

They get into the car and drive away bringing a scrap of my sanity with them. I don't know how long I'm standing there before a rough hand clamps over my mouth. I immediately swing out my leg but I am spun to the other side of the tree. 

A knee is pressed between my legs and strong hands go up to mine, bringing them above my head. I'm met with familiar dark eyes. I immediately stop trying to break out of his hold and he removes his hand from my mouth. 

It takes me a moment to realize that I am losing my shit. I feel like crawling out of my skin and I swallow. He glares at me. 

"What the hell are you doing here. Do you know how long it took me to find you. And now I do and your just standing completely defenseless in a prison parking lot for no reason and..." His eyes widen.

He goes dead silent. "Your really bad at ranting. I mean that was only like three reasons of why I was being an idiot. I am pretty sure you are missing a couple..."

"Why are you crying." He cuts me off brusquely. I frown what is he talking about. His reaches out until he swipes under my cheek. When he brings his finger away its wet. I frown and try to wipe them away but I remember that he is holding my hands above my head.

"It was the wind now let me go." 

"Why are you here." I frowned wondering what he had seen. By the puzzled expression he was giving me I assumed none of it. 

"Doesn't matter now." 

"But.." I leaned forward until my head rested against his. I felt his breath hot on my face.

"Just take me home." He sighs looking exasperated. 

"As you wish."