Prologue

November 19th, 2000
Jung District, Incheon
Birth date of Park Chaewon (Age 18)

•<<>>•

November 13th, 2001
Uijeongbu, Gyeonggi Province
Birth date of Son Hyejoo (Age 17)

•<<<>>>•

Chaewon POV

Chaewon loved to go to the beach. Her parents took her once to a beach, her dad bought ice cream and admired the enchanting sunset, sitting next to eachother. Since then, Chaewon loved everything related to sunsets. The warm color of the sun disappearing into the deep sea, Chaewon loved it all. Chaewon had a talent for drawing. She recreated a lot of famous paintings but her daily works were sunsets.

Chaewon loved living where she lived. She had made such good memories in her house that she couldn't imagine moving out. Although, she somewhat didn't have friends. All of the other kids were too big to play with her, they told her she was too "immature". With all of the insults, Chaewon didn't even want to go out of her house in that time of her life.

In her 8th birthday, she sat below her beautiful apple tree in her backyard. While her friends were playing and using Chae's toys, a butterfly flapped its wings and flew to Chaewon. Chaewon catched it and it sat in her finger. The butterfly had a pretty blue color, shimmering in the shadow that the tree was showing. Chaewon thought she could keep it as a pet but as soon she moved her toddler fingers to pet the butterfly, it flew away in the distance, leaving no trace.

A few days after Chae's birthday, her parents sat her down to talk about something she was going to be upset for a long time.

"Kiddo, we have to tell you something..." Chaewon's dar told her while grabbing her shoulder.

"What do you want to tell me? Is it good news?" Chae asked

"Well, it's something like that..." Her mother told her, while looking at her father with a sad face.

"The bank is making us move, Honey.... We have to move to another house, it's going to be more small than this one but I think you'll love it. I hope you understand, my little butterfly."

Chaewon couldn't believe what they had said to her. Her house. She wasn't going to live in it again. All of her memories. Especially her big apple tree, she didn't want to leave it.

"Mommy.... that isn't true right?"

"Gosh sweetie, I.... yes, we have to move"

Chae's eyes were beginning to fill with tears, dropping her blanket.

"No.. no, no, no! We can't move! Tell the bank that they can live here another day! Please, dad, mom, for me?"

Chaewon's voice broke and she started sobbing, hiding her face in her mom's body.

Her parents looked at each other with a "this is going to be more difficult that we thought" look.

——

1 month later

The family had all of their moving boxes ready,
their clothes and belongings nicely folded and put in their suitcases. Chae's parents had told that her house was going to be a beachfront house with one floor, close to her Grandma Park's house. Chaewon was exited but she was gonna miss her old home. A Lot. It took two hours and a half for they to arrive at their new house. The house had a pretty eden green color with some flower cushions on the wood sofa in the balcony. The rails had a beautiful design.
It had two garages and two neighbors, on each side. Chaewon loved how her new house looked. Although it was much smaller than the previous house, she liked it. When she entered the house, she found a hallway that lead to a back balcony. She opened the glass door and she was left in awe. A wooden staircase lead to the beach. She walked down to the beach to see something beautiful. The sunset was close to setting, leaving a orange-yellow color on the back of Chae's new house. 'It looked beautiful' Chaewon thought. Now that she lived here, she could see the sunset all of the time.

2 weeks later

Since they were fully moved in the new house, Chaewon's parents told her to make some friends. Chaewon didn't want to at first, but she decided to go have a walk in the beach and look for friends.

As she was walking, shoes in her hands, a girl was sitting in the sand, making a somewhat big sandcastle, bigger than normal, she looked skilled. Chae decided to go talk to her.

"Hi.... I'm new here in the neighborhood. Do you live here?"

The girl didn't notice her so Chae touched her shoulder. The girl turned around and looked surprised. Chaewon repeated her presentation and the girl responded,

"Oh yes, I live in the grey house on the right. My name is Hyejoo, what's yours?"

"Um... my name is uh, I, it's Chaewon"

Chaewon felt star struck. She was only 8 but she felt like she had butterflies in her tummy. The girl's hair was deep black and it seemed that her parents had left her dye her tips blue. Her hair fell from her shoulders so... beautifully.

"Well, I live in the eden green house. I moved two weeks ago. I still don't know to what school I'm going start. My parents told me I was going to start in January..... my grandma lives near here so I'll stay with her. Do you go to school?"

"No... I'm homeschooled so I think we can play until your school starts! I've never had friend before." Hyejoo said shyly while standing up and gathering her buckets and shovels.

Chae nodded at Hyejoo and they both kept walking to their houses.....

-|-|-|-

Since then, they became best friends. Chaewon stayed at Hyejoo's house weekly, almost every Friday. They had parties and sleepovers. Sometimes, Hyejoo's parents took the girls to the beach. And when Chaewon's parents came in the evening, both of the kids's parents stayed talking until morning in the beach. Hyejoo and Chaewon wanted to grow up together and they promised each other to be together forever. Hoping that nothing would tear them apart. <3

Ahhh! This is like the first chapter of Sunset. This story will be filled with cute Chaejoo (Hyewon) moments and I'll see if I can incorporate more LOONA members in the story. I'll try hard to keep posting frequently, I'll try to not cancel this as the other one. I hope you like it and vote and share it and everything you can do in Wattpad!

Thank you so much!
A/N