Chapter 3 - Operation Cronos

Comenzar desde el principio

.

Due to the breach in security, we were all interrogated as to how a Yakuza was able to retrieve personal information from the server and if the mission was unknowingly compromised when Tom broke character. It was a gruelling week for me as I was required to remember even the smallest detail, and reveal the reason behind Tom's incapability in maintaining his composure.

After hours of interrogation, I left the room mentally and emotionally drained.

My heart was heavy. My chest hurt. I kept my head down and eyes glued to the floor as I walked along the corridor – depending on my legs to bring me to my office so I could retrieve my personal items. I wanted to head home and sleep the exhaustion away.

I didn't want to deal with people.

Yet I bumped into the last person I wanted to see. She saw me walking with my eyes glued to the floor and proceeded to plant herself in front of me, forcing me to a stop so I won't collide into her head-on. Looking up made me grimace and sigh, as my emotions plummet straight down to my boots.

The person was Tom's girlfriend, the woman he cheated on me with.

"Amelia," she spoke my name with fake brightness before she dropped all friendliness yet she kept up with her fake smile. "I heard what you had been saying about me. Why would you state such lies? You know they're not true at all."

I had little patience to deal with her today and I stepped aside without replying to her statement. I was very close to screaming in her face or unleashing all of my pent up anger at her yet I fought them down and walked away. However, she didn't take it lightly and grabbed a hold of my arm, twisted me around before grabbing a fistful of my lapels. I let her do that, fighting against my natural instinct and simply stared at her.

Knowing that she wants to dominate and break me apart, I waited for it. "The only reason Tom chose me is because you're unlovable and emotionless," she said quietly, a smirk at the side of her lips. "You're like a fucking rock, and all you thought about was your job. He had no space in your heart or your mind."

This wasn't the first time she said such scathing and hurtful words.

"You two are no longer a story," she continued on. "And I think it's best for you to close it before I do it for you. I don't think you would like that at all."

"The anger in your heart warms you now, but will leave you cold in your grave," I said quietly as I pried her hand off me earning a sharp gasp of pain from her. "Someday, you will have to answer for your actions and God may not be merciful."

Her face had turned pale with fear and I let her hand go. She tried to regain her dignity.

"You're out of your mind," she interjected scathingly. "Your entire unit is nuts!"

"No one asked for your opinion, you abominable shit goblin," I stated flatly.

I showed my middle finger to her angrily as I stomped away, muttering dark curses under my breath at her childish pettiness. I would've slapped the hell out of her if I wanted to! She's so aggravating I want to choke the living shit out of her.

.

"Amelia, you're on point."

I could hear Frank giving the orders to the rest of the team members.

We had intel that a terrorist cell had barred themselves on a skyscraper and a helicopter is on its way to transport a known terrorist leader out from the city. If we were to lose the guy, we will lose everything. All of the leads and intels that we had led to this moment.