His eyes were raged, full of frustration. We were so close I was lost for words.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" He hissed making his grip tighter.

I opened my mouth but no words formed.

"Answer me!" He snapped.

"Let go of me, Rainer."  Was all I could say.

He scoffs, "Not until you tell me what the fuck is wrong. I'm sorry but you left me no choice."

"Let go, Rainer...you have a-"

"A friend that is hurting, who won't tell me why!" He exclaims, searching for my eyes.

"Let me go!" I shout, slamming my fist down on his chest. It frustrated me even more that he wasn't fazed at all. "Let go, let go!"

"No!"

"Damn it Rainer! The one time I want you to be a careless jackass, you're not! Out of all the days, weeks, months... today's the day!" I shout back.

"Only one babe, two of us can't be reckless! The whole world would burn down. Since you decided that you're gonna be the reckless one, I'm gonna have to be the responsible one!" He declared with determination.

It made sense, I hate it.

I shut my eyes tight,
"Let go." I whisper.

Suddenly his grip around my waist loosened until I no longer felt them. A faint thump played through my ears and my eyes shot open. Rainer no longer stood in front of me.
At first I thought it was because he left but-

"Rainer!" I dropped to my knees, cradling his head. I felt a piece of metal sticking in the back of his neck.

Tranquilizer dart?

"Rainer, can you hear me? Please wake up!" I hate that my hands keep trembling. "Someone, HELP!"

I stood to my feet frantically scanning the scene. Until I felt a sharp pain in my neck.

"Ow, fuck." I curse, pulling out the dart. "Damn it."

Suddenly all darkness consumed me.

———

My body ached. I slowly tried to lift my heavy head as it continued to pound. As I tried to move my hands something restricted it.

Reality set in and my eyes slowly open. Everything is blurry at first. I blink, close my eyes, and blink again.

"Thank god, you're okay." Relieved to hear his voice.

"Where are we?" I croak as I got use to my surroundings. I finally realized I was tied to one of the front legs of Rainers chair that he was tied in. We were placed in the middle of an empty metal room with one door.

"I know you don't want me to state the obvious and say that we're in an empty room..."

"Too late," I comment.

Suddenly the door opens and an unrecognizable man in all black enters.

"Sir, the targets are awake." He spoke to someone who stood out of the room.