Anxious Part 2

You hear someone say something over the intercom and Shane and Ryland stand up.

Shane: That's us.

You stand up and grab your bag and try to hide the overwhelming symptoms of a panic attack. You are not looking forward to this at all. Shane notices your strange behavior and point it out to Garrett. They both slow their pace to walk beside you.

Shane: Everything okay?

You just nod and take a deep breath.

Garrett: A little scared of flying?

Y/N: Something like that.

Shane: Well I understand that. I am too. I had to go to the doctors to get anxiety medication.

Y/N: Yeah...

You give your ticket to the worker and start walking through the long corridor. Your anxiety growing every step, but you hold it in as much as possible. You didnt want to look ridiculous in front of your friends. You get into the plane and find your seat, youre sitting beside your crush Andrew. You put your bag in the overhead compartment and sit down in the aisle seat.

Andrew: You sure you dont want the window seat?

Y/N: Im not really picky about where I sit. Its up to you.

Andrew: Okay. I like being able to see the clouds, but if you wanted to then I wouldve given it to you.

Y/N: Thats really sweet, Andrew. Thanks.

Andrew smiles and looks out the window. Within an hour the plane has taken off and the seatbelt signs are off. You feel an overwhelming wave of anxiety and you stand up abruptly, almost knocking a stuartist over.

Y/N: Fuck s-sorry.

You run to the bathroom and close the door behind you, and slide down it and cry. Only a couple minutes later you hear a soft knock.

Y/N: Ill be done soon.

Andrew: Y/N? Are you okay?

His voice is muffled so you have a hard time hearing.

Y/N: Andrew? Is that you?

Andrew: Yeah. Can I come in?

You open the door and lean against the wall to make sure he fits in the tiny bathroom. You wipe your eyes obsessively so he doesnt see you cry.

Andrew: Are you okay? Whats wrong?

You just nod no and start crying harder. He pulls you into a hug.

Andrew: Whats wrong?

Y/N: The last time I dealt with anything to do with a plane was when my family died on it. My whole family... Gone. In one fatal crash.

Andrew: I had no clue...

Y/N: No one did. I havent told anybody. It happened before I met you all. We were flying to Florida together as a family vacation. I was on a different flight because I was in California and not Washington like them. They were supposed to land like a half hour before me, so when I landed I expected them to be there. I waited an hour but eventually I went up and asked about it and they said the plane crashed. I havent been on a plane since. I caught a bus back to Cali. This is just a little overwhelming for me.

Andrew is still holding you, which makes you feel a thousand times better. Gosh, what this guy did to you.

Andrew: Hey... I understand. Anyone would be scared after something like that. But im not gonna let something happen to you, okay?