Chapter 49: Family Matters

Song Quote: Walking On A Dream
"Thought I'd never see The love you found in me Now it's changing all the time Living in a rhythm where the minutes working overtime We are always running for the thrill of it thrill of it Always pushing up the hill searching for the thrill of it On and on and on we are calling out and out again Never looking down I'm just in awe of what's in front of me"
~~~

"Connor stop T posing in front of my bathroom!" Hank yelled from inside the powder room.

You guys were currently visiting Hank's house and you were hanging with Sumo and Conan when you heard yelling.

"I have to assert my dominance Lieutenant!" Connor yelled when you got up to go see what's going on.
"What dominance ya fucking bottom" Hank retorted gruffly.

"Bottom is very comfortable though..." Connor muttered out loud.
"Why are you guys talking about bunk beds?" You asked when you poked your head around the corner.

"No we fucking aren- you know what? Yes we are talking about bunkbeds" Hank replied from inside the bathroom.

"Are we getting bunk beds?" Conan asked curiously as he stood behind you silently judging his brothers actions.

"We are not getting bunk beds Conan" you told the android and he looked away grumbling "I'm gonna move out someday and I'll get a bunkbed"

"Anyways, Connor if your gonna stand there at least get me some toilet paper" Hank told the android.
"Sure thing Lieutenant" Connor replied and left for a moment and came back with some toilet paper.

In a swift motion Connor opened the bathroom door and threw the rolls into the room yelling "Yeet!" and closed the door.

Inside the bathroom you could hear a crashing sound followed by Hank yelling and cursing.

"He's fallen and he can't get up" You yelled giggles escaped your mouth as you walked away heading back to the main room of the house.
"I haven't fallen on the shitter yet!" Hank retorted from the bathroom.

Connor and Conan had entered the room and watched you as you slipped your shoes on.

"Where are you going (Y/n)?" Conan asked curiously.
"Oh I'm uh heading out for a while theres something I gotta do before it gets dark, it's kinda personal..." You told them as you stood to your feet already wearing a light jacket.

"Can I accompany you?" Connor tilted his head innocently and wishing to spend time with you.

"Uh sure I guess..." you muttered looking away.
"Conan do you wanna come?" Connor turned to ask his brother.

"Uh no, it's okay you two go on ahead" Conan replied awkwardly a sense of sadness in his tone but easily overlooked.

You petted Sumo before you left Hank's house and both you and Connor entered your car and drove off.

~~~

You parked the car outside of a flower shop and told Connor to wait in the car.

You come back a couple minutes later with a bouquet of white roses and blue hydrangeas.
When you got back in the car you handed them over to Connor to hold onto while you drove.

"Why do we need flowers?" Connor asked as he held the bouquet with such delicate care.

"For my mother, it's her birthday" You replied while staring ahead at the road as you drove.
Out of the corner of your eye Connor looked down in thought processing what you could mean.