Chapter 13: Public Enemy

Song Quote: Shine On You Crazy Diamond
"Remember when you were young you shone like the sun. Shine on you crazy diamond. Now there's a look in your eyes like black holes in the sky, Shine on you crazy diamond"
~~~

After getting Connor fixed up you get a phone call from Hank telling you to meet him at the Stratford Tower building where the Deviant leader broadcasted his speech.

You met up with Hank and the three of you stood in the elevator as it rises towards the correct floor.

You stood in between Connor and Hank waiting as Hank stood silent the only noise in the tight space was the clinking of Connor flipping his coin around in his hands.

"Your starting to piss me off with that coin Connor" Hank growled as he reached over taking the the coin from the android and stuffing it into his pocket.
You don't say anything zoning out waiting for the 79th floor.

"Sorry Lieutenant" Connor Muttered as the elevator came to a stop and the doors opening after a robotic female voice announced the floor.

Hank walks out of the elevator followed by you and Connor.

"Hey Hank, Hello detective (L/n)" Officer Chris Miller greets both of you.
"Shit, what's going on here? There was a party and nobody told me about it?" Hank stated looking around at the corridor.

"Yeah it's all over the news, so everyone's butting their noses in...Even the FBI wants a piece of the action..." The Officer Miller responds.

"Ah christ, now we got the Feds on our backs...I knew this was gonna be a shitty day..." Hank replies adding
"So what do we got?"

"A group of four androids" the officer starts to fill in you and Hank while Connor stood behind both of you listening intently.
"They knew the building and they were very well organized. I'm still trying to figure out how they got this far without being noticed" Chris adds in.

You overhear other conversations but zone them out listening only to the people in front of you.

"They attacked two guards in the hallway. They probably think the androids were coming in for maintenance. They got taken down before they could react..." Chris continues.
"One of the station employees managed to get away. He's in shock, not sure when we'll be able to talk to him..."

"How many people were working here?" Hank asks the officer.

"The deviants took the humans hostage and broadcast their message live. They made their getaway from the roof" Officer Miller states as he points to the exit to the roof.

" So That was the message playing earlier..." You thought to yourself remembering driving and seeing the message broadcasted everywhere lighting up the city with a skinless android.

"The roof?" Hank inquired.
"Yeah they jumped with parachutes...We're still trying to figure out where they landed, but the weather's not helping..." Officer Miller says as he looks down at his tablet looking at the information.

"If you want to take a look at the video broadcast by the deviants, it's on the screen over there" he points over to the controls in the room in front of you before looking back down at his tablet.

Hank nods to the officer before walking into the room with you and Connor following behind.

You look into the room to see people standing around looking at the evidence but your eyes land on the screen with the skinless android you saw earlier.

"Oh Lieutenant and Detective this is special agent perkins from the FBI, Lieutenant Anderson is in charge of investigating for Detroit police" The officer introduced the random guy to your group.