Chapter 8

Chapter 8
* * * * *

It was the best shower she had ever taken. She hated it when she stayed in hotels and the shower was so crappy that you had to move around to chase the drips in order to get clean. That was not the present case. The shower head itself was large and the pressure was strong. But the very best part was the multi-directional jets. With just a single flick of a switch, additional spray came from each side at just above waist height and two jets behind massaged her lower back. It was like being in a stand-up hot tub. She couldn’t feel the jets at her back, though. The spray was being blocked by two warm hands which were slowly stroking her skin.

Jisoo reassessed her previous conclusion: the best thing about the shower was that it had Jennie in there. She tipped her head back and let the falling water wash the hair from her forehead.

For someone who had never been with another woman until the previous day, Jisoo had learned and experienced a lot in only twelve short hours. Of course, it was very specific knowledge and she had no frame of reference to know if it was universally applicable or related only to the woman standing in front of her.

She knew, for example, that licking the base of Jennie’s spine made the brunette shudder and give a low moan. She knew that trailing her fingers up beyond Jennie’s knee resulted in muscular contractions and an instantly noticeable increase in arousal – for both of them. She knew that Jennie liked to be topped. She had found out that there were equal merits in quick-and-dirty and in slow-and-steady. She had found out that erogenous zones could exist in the strangest places, such as the crook of an elbow or the corner of an eye. She had found out what the phrase ‘reverse cowgirl’ meant. In the shower, she had most recently learnt that jets of water could be used as a sexual aid.

Whomever had said that education was its own reward certainly hadn’t been whistling Dixie.

Although they had managed a couple of hours’ sleep – really just power naps – what she really wanted to do was crawl back into the huge bed in the other room and sleep with Jennie: the other kind of sleeping with Jennie, not the kind they’d been indulging in all night. She chuckled to herself at the thought.

“What’s so funny?” the brunette whispered in her ear, punctuating her words with soft, open-mouthed kisses.

“Mmm, nothing.” She slipped her arms around Jennie’s waist, hugging the smaller girl to her. “Nothing important anyway.”

“You wanna go back to bed?”

“Mmm.” They were swaying together, almost as if they were dancing. She felt completely relaxed and protected. She would happily have remained in the shower until her skin was as tight and wrinkled as a raisin. “I do, but I need to go soon,” she admitted reluctantly. “Check-out’s at 11.” She wasn’t sure exactly what time it was, but she knew it had to be at least eight, probably later.

“Don’t worry about that. I can afford the late check-out fees. Or, we can get the bellman to pack your things and bring them here.”

“They do that?”

“They do pretty much anything if you’re platinum.” It was said without boasting. She shrugged. “I stay in their hotels a lot. Part of the glamorous life of a minor musician.”

Jisoo pulled back and gave her a soft kiss. “We should probably get out of here.” She held up her hand and examined her fingers. The effects of being so long under the hot water were becoming apparent.

Jennie exited first, picking up two huge, fluffy towels and holding out one to Jisoo while wrapping the other around herself.

“You can’t just leave anyway,” Jennie stated, matter-of-factly.

“No?”

“No.” She walked back through to the bedroom, grinning over her shoulder at Jisoo, who was drying her hair with a hand towel. “You promised you’d have brunch with me. At eleven. I made a note in my datebook and everything.”

Jisoo giggled. “I don’t believe you own a datebook.” She was relieved. Despite all that they’d shared the night before, she hadn’t been entirely sure if it had been a one-time thing. It hadn’t felt like it, but the fact that Jennie still wanted to have brunch was reassuring.

“Okay, I put a reminder in my phone.”

“Well, I still need to go back to my room. I can hardly go for brunch in my bridesmaid’s dress.”

“Oh, believe me, you’re fine in what you’re wearing.”

“You don’t think it’s a bit risqué?” She looked down at the towel that barely covered her. “The other diners might comment.”

“I was kind of assuming we’d order in.”

Jisoo sighed. “God, I would love to, but Jungkook’s my ride back and him and Rosé are leaving at one.”

“Why can’t you have brunch here with me and still meet them at one?”

Jisoo looked the sheets in disarray on the bed, then back to Jennie. “Do you really want me to answer that?”

The brunette laughed. “Probably not.” She tilted her head and gave a quick shrug. “You know, I was going to suggest that I give you a ride back myself. If, you know, you wanted to.”

She grimaced. “I promised Rosé and Jungkook.” She didn’t want to let them down. She still felt a little guilty about having ducked out of the wedding with Jennie and having ignored Rosé’s phonecalls and texts since. “It’s a long ride back and I said I’d share the driving with Jungkook. Also, I have a really important presentation to prepare for work when I get home and I don’t really think I’d get much done if I let you into my apartment.”

“Oh, I think we’d get plenty done.”

“Work,” Jisoo replied with a withering look.

“Well, I don’t really consider what we’ve been doing as work. In fact, you’ve made it eas-” Jennie’s cheeky retort was cut off by Jisoo’s hand towel landing over her head. She pulled it off and raised her eyebrow. “Oh, really? That’s how you want to play?”

As Jennie got up off the edge of the bed and started towards her, Jisoo dashed into the living room. She ran to the far side of the room, behind one of the large couches. Jennie stopped on the other side.

“It’s not that big a room, Chu. There’s nowhere to run to.” Her tone and her grin were triumphant.

“You still have to catch me first.”

“Yeah?” Jennie placed her hands on her hips. “And here I thought that I already had caught you.”

Jisoo’s heart melted at the statement. Jennie was actually incredibly sweet and tender, she had found. Her momentary pause cost her, however, as the brunette jumped up and onto the couch that separated them, reaching out and grabbing Jisoo’s towel, just where it was tucked in. She used that to pull her a little closer.

“I have an idea.”

“You do?” Jisoo lifted her arms to Jennie’s shoulder, threading her fingers into the brunette’s damp hair. She felt her towel fall to the floor as the ends were pulled free. “I bet I know what that is.”

“Not that.” The other woman grinned and even blushed a little. “Well, yes, that too.” Her gaze drifted down to take in Jisoo’s nudity. “What I meant was that I could give you a raincheck on brunch and we could go back to bed now. If we’ve only got a few more hours, I don’t want to spend them anywhere but this suite.”

“A raincheck? Can I get that in writing?” Jisoo smiled as Jennie started nibbling on the column of her neck, just below her ear.

“I’ll put it in writing before you leave. I promise. Busy just now.”

She wanted to be certain about what they were agreeing to. “So, you’re saying you want to see me again?”

Jennie chuckled against her skin. “I want to see you right now. But, yes,” she pulled back and looked at Jisoo directly, “I would very much like to see you again, Jisoo. Soon. Very soon. As soon as possible. Would that be okay with you?”

Jisoo smiled and stroked the back of Jennie’s head. “That would be better than okay.”

“When?” Jennie leaned forward again and resumed nibbling on Jisoo’s neck, letting her hands start to wander over bare skin.

“I could probably swing some time on Wednesday for brunch.” She tried to think what she had planned for her week and what excuse she could come up with for needing more time off at short notice.

“We could make it dinner, if that’s better for you.”

“I really have a lot on tomorrow and Tuesday. Wednesday’s the earliest I could do anything either way. And, um, brunch is earlier.” She felt her cheeks burning with the admission that she didn’t want to wait an extra seven or eight hours to have to see Jennie again.

“Okay, so Wednesday, brunch, 11am. That’s a date.” Jennie started to climb over the couch without losing contact with Jisoo – an effort which produced variable results – and settled for perching on the back of the seat.

Jisoo stepped forward into the space between Jennie’s legs. “I should still go get my things and check out of my room. If I do it now, then that’s it done and the rest of my morning is yours.” The fact that she was peeling back the edges of Jennie’s towel indicated that she didn’t really mean to leave.

“Do you need a hand with the packing?” Jennie wriggled to help ease the towel from her body.

“We have already agreed that the kind of hand that you offer is more distracting than helpful.” She moaned out loud as she felt Jennie linked her ankles behind her back and ground against her abdomen. Despite the fact that it had been less than thirty minutes since they had last made love, Jennie was hot and wet and ready.

“You’re the one with the distracting hands at the moment.”

Jisoo pulled Jennie’s head back so they could see each other and slipped her free hand between them to draw slow circles around the other woman’s hard nipple. She then shifted her left arm to the small of Jennie’s back as support and was pleased that the brunette started to grind harder against her in a barely perceptible circular motion. “You need my hands somewhere else?” she challenged as she pressed their naked bodies even more closely together.

“No-o. You’re all, um, all good.” The response was faltering. Jen’s position on the back of the couch meant that arching her back, as she was doing, all but forced her cleavage within easy reach of Jisoo’s mouth.

She wasted no time in kissing all over the upper slopes of Jennie’s breasts, nipping and sucking as she went. The skin was already lightly bruised in a couple of places from an earlier encounter in which she had thrown caution entirely to the wind and had given in to her desire to leave her mark on Jennie. She had a few matching ones of her own; she’d noticed them in the shower.

She grasped Jennie’s wrists and firmly placed her hands on the back of the couch. She placed her own on the insides of Jennie’s thighs and started to push them slowly apart. The brunette unlinked her ankles from behind Jisoo’s back and allowed her legs to hang down freely.

“Hold on,” Jisoo growled. “Tight.” Swiftly, she dropped to her knees and then grabbed Jennie’s hips, pulling her closer. It occurred to her that she might break either the couch or Jennie’s spine, but she was too revved up to care. As it happened, the precariousness of Jennie’s position meant that she had no choice but to rely on Jisoo’s mouth and the hands on her hips to keep her from falling. And that suited Jisoo just fine.

She considered going slowly and teasing, but she wanted an instant response, so she thrust her tongue deep into Jennie’s hot, tight channel. The loud moan that it elicited made her grin. She lapped at the copious wetness, swirling her tongue around.

She felt Jennie unsteadily move one hand from the back of the couch and then the pressure of fingertips digging into her scalp. She didn’t mind the slight pain. She also didn’t mind the way Jennie was subtly grinding against her face.

She alternated between thrusting her tongue as deep inside Jennie as she could and using just the tip to trace around the entrance to her hole. She could feel Jennie shuddering above her and pulled back just enough to be able to adjust her position a little. She flicked her tongue hard across Jennie’s clit, which drew an even louder noise, somewhere between a groan and a squeal.

She sucked the hard bundle of nerves into her mouth and sucked firmly but slowly, making sure not to get her tongue involved straight away because she could tell from the whimpering and the shaking how close her lover was. It was a speed and a pressure that she had already learned would keep Jennie on the edge and begging. She wished her hands could be free to explore, but she feared Jennie tumbling from her perch.

“Please.”

She knew that Jennie wasn’t sure what she was asking for, whether she wanted it to go on forever or end quickly. She kept up the slow and steady suckling. The power she had over Jennie was like the newest, best toy ever and she enjoyed playing with it.

“Chu. Jesus!”

With the flat of her tongue, she rolled Jennie’s clit slowly against the ridge of her teeth.

“Fuck, fuck, fuck.”

She loved every guttural sound, every muttered epithet. Deliberately, she increased the pressure against Jennie’s clit, combining that with a slow and gentle suckling.

“Oh, sweet Jesus Christ!” Jennie called out as she came shuddering to her climax, bucking jerkily against Jisoo’s face.

It took only a second for Jennie to completely lose her balance, slipping forward and causing Jisoo to pitch backwards, awkwardly sprawling on her back. Jennie’s momentum carried her so that she ended up straddling Jisoo’s ribcage with her knees and smothering her face with her breasts.

Jennie immediately sat back up, shocked and startled. She looked down at Jisoo and they stared at each other in bemusement for a few moments, before a broad grin spread across the brunette’s face.

“What?” Jisoo asked.

“Nothing.” Jennie was already starting to giggle.

“Come on. Tell me.”

“I was just thinking that it’s the first time that the earth has actually moved for me.”

Jisoo rolled her eyes, but grinned anyway. Jennie rolled off her and shuffled until she was lying next to Jisoo, her arm thrown over her waist and her head tucked into Jisoo’s neck.

“I didn’t hurt you, did I?” Jennie asked, her breath tickling Jisoo’s neck.

“Not even slightly.” She trailed her fingers across the arm that was holding her. “You?”

“I can’t feel my toes, but I don’t think that’s anything to do with the fall.”

“Mmm.” She rubbed her cheek against the top of Jennie’s head. Somehow, it didn’t feel weird that they were lying naked on the floor together. She didn’t even notice if it was uncomfortable. It felt safe and warm and right and she never wanted to move again.

As she tightened her hold on Jennie, she wondered if there was a world record for packing and how she could break it.

* * *

Despite the fact that it was only a few blocks from her office, Jisoo had never noticed the restaurant before she walked into it that day. Considering it was not quite 11am, it seemed pretty full of business-type people. Maybe they were all taking meetings, but she certainly wished that she had a job that allowed her to have time out for a long brunch.

She was almost ten minutes early, so she told the hostess that she would wait for her party to join her at the bar. It had only been a couple of minutes when she was aware of someone standing next to her.

“Jisoo.”

She turned to see a good-looking guy smiling at her. He didn’t look immediately familiar, but she gave him a friendly nod in reply. After all, he might be a client or something, someone whom she’d met at work but had forgotten. “Oh, hey there.”

“You don’t remember, do you?”

She scanned his face again, but nothing sprang to mind. “Would it be terrible of me to admit that I have forgotten your name?” At least that sounded that like she had actually recognised him.

“It’s Jonas, Jonas Stoteraux.”

She really wished that had been a helpful clarification but it wasn’t. “Oh, Jonas!” she bluffed. “How have you been?”

He laughed. “While I’m mortally offended that you don’t remember me at all, I’m touched that you’re making the effort to pretend.” He motioned to the barstool next to her. “Can I?”

“Of course.”

“I worked with Jin. At the sports store?”

Somewhere in the recesses of her memory, she conjured an image of a young man with long hair and one of those ridiculous soul-patch-style beards. Were they called Van Dykes? She also recalled him always smelling of a familiar, sweet, but illegal herbal scent. But she didn’t associate that image with the name Jonas.

“Oh my God. You’re Stoney?

He smiled self-effacingly. “Well, no-one’s called me that in a long time, but, yeah.”

“You look so much better!” she exclaimed, then got immediately flustered by the implicit insult. “Not that you didn’t look, um, you know, before.” He really was very different, though. He looked professional, clean-cut, grown-up. He also smelled of a high-end cologne and not weed.

“Thanks, I think.”

“I totally meant it as a compliment.”

“Well, in that case, I’ll totally take it as one, then. So, what are you doing with yourself these days, Jisoo? How’s Jin? Arthur? Man, I miss your dad’s poker nights. They were some of my favourite times from college.”

“Um, okay, let’s see. I’m in advertising, a junior account manager, which means that I give presentations to more important people about what they need to say to even more important people. Jin’s a basketball coach and works for my parents, who own a halfway house for teenage runaways these days. And my dad’s poker nights are still going strong. You should give him a call. He’d be happy to welcome an old face back. What about you anyway? What are you up to?”

“I’m a banker.”

“A banker?” she spluttered. “Really?” She could hardly imagine anything further away from the boy that she had once known.

“Not the evil kind. I don’t sell sub-prime mortgages to single mothers or anything. I work for a corporate savings and loan. You know, low-cost employee loans, that sort of thing. I’m just here for a meeting with some of the people from Head Office, but they’re running a little late and then I saw you sitting here.” Without a hint of shame, he asked, “So, are you single right now?”

She snorted at his boldness. She remembered that, when he had hung out around their parents’ house with Jin, she had suspected that he had been harbouring a crush on her, but had been too shy to ever act on it. It was a shame for him because, back then, she would probably have said yes if he had asked her out.

“Possibly not. I’m waiting for my date, actually.”

“Little early in the day for a date, isn’t it?”

“It’s brunch. Brunch is usually 11, right?”

“I guess.” He looked around, probably to check if his bosses had arrived yet. “So, if you’re not entirely sure if you’re single or not, then this must be a new thing?”

“Technically, it’s our second date, I think.” She nodded. “Yeah, I’m pretty sure we’ve only had one real date so far.” She wasn’t exactly sure how to categorise every part of the weekend, but, to her mind, the only official date was her having asked Jennie to the wedding.

He tipped his glass of vegetable juice towards her. “Well, maybe my timing’s not all bad then, if it’s still early days. Do you think that maybe if this date of yours doesn’t work out, we could get dinner together some time?”

“Oh, I don’t know about that,” she replied, grinning to herself at the recollection of a repeated phrase from the weekend. “I think it’s been going pretty well so far.” He had no way of knowing that it was an inside joke.

“Ah, but you know what they say: we never know what our future holds.”

“I’m pretty sure I know what mine holds.” And that definitely didn’t include men.

“Is that a yes or a no?”

She didn’t get a chance to answer before they were interrupted.

“I really cannot leave you alone for even a second, can I? You’re like a magnet for stray men.”

Jisoo’s face burst out in a smile of total joy, as she swivelled around on her barstool to look at the person who had just spoken. Jennie was just wearing a pair of jeans and a simple cami top, with one hand on her hip and her head cocked to one side, but she looked better than almost anything Jisoo had seen before in her life. In fact, the only thing she had ever seen that looked better had been Jennie in that dress. It had only been three days since they had seen each other, but it had been far too long in Jisoo’s opinion.

“Jonas, this is Jennie. Jennie, this is Jonas. He’s an old friend of Jin’s.” She didn’t take her eyes from Jennie as she introduced them. The look that was passing between them was not open to misinterpretation.

“Ah,” Jonas said. “You must be the second date?”

“Is that what she said?” Jennie gave Jisoo a grin and did the nose-crinkle thing. “No, I’m not the date. I’m the girlfriend,” she corrected.

“Girlfriend?” Jisoo echoed, the smile on her face so wide that she thought her facial muscles might actually hurt.

“See, she prefers ‘lover’,” Jennie explained to Jonas, still not taking her gaze from Jisoo. “But I guess I’m just old-fashioned. I prefer girlfriend. But, yes, I’m the one she’s waiting for. Unless, of course, she’s seeing someone else behind my back. You’re not doing that, are you, babe?”

“There is only you,” Jisoo replied honestly.

“Right,” Jonas muttered ruefully. “Of course.” He tapped the bar with his knuckles and shook his head. “Jisoo, it was great to see you again. Jennie, it was definitely interesting to meet you.” He eased himself off the stool and started to walk away.

“Yeah, good to see you, too, Stoney,” Jisoo replied distractedly, but she didn’t turn to see him leave. Her attention was saved entirely for the brunette who was moving towards her slowly. “Girlfriend?” she echoed once more.

“When someone’s in demand as much as you are, I figure it doesn’t do any harm to stake my claim.” Her eyes flickered to Jisoo’s dress. “You look beautiful, by the way.”

“Thank you. You look…” She didn’t know any superlatives which would do Jennie justice. “I missed you.”

“Me, too,” Jennie murmured, hopping up onto the seat that Jonas had just vacated. She picked up a menu from the counter and opened it. “Have you had a look at this yet? I only picked this place because I heard they have great cantaloupe and I did promise you cantaloupe. If you’d rather leave because of Jin’s little friend over there, I completely understand, though. You know, for someone who claims to never get hit on, you are pretty popular. I might have to make saving you a permanent thing.” Her nervous babbling was endearing and reminded Jisoo of her own behaviour the first time that they met.

“Oh, he’s harmless.” Jisoo took a breath and turned to stare at her companion. “Stake your claim, by the way?” she asked, humour in her voice.

“Sure,” Jennie agreed happily. “The music business is an unscrupulous world. I learned early that you need to protect your property.”

“Your property?” She was stunned that Jennie was saying something like that so casually. She wondered if the brunette really meant it the way that it came out.

Jennie misinterpreted Jisoo’s surprise and suddenly looked concerned. “Shit. Sorry. Look, I know I can go too far sometimes, but it’s just a figure of speech. I’m not trying to get the U-Haul ordered or anything. I probably shouldn’t have overdone it with the boy, either. Ignore my big mouth and let me start over.” She snorted. “Not completely over, though. I mean, you do look incredible, as always. I’m not taking that bit back. Or the cantaloupe. Or about guys always hitting on -“

“Jen!” Jisoo interrupted.

“What?”

“Stop talking. I wasn’t complaining. Did you completely miss the part where I said there is only you?” She blushed and decided to be as bold as Jennie had been. “And I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t mind the idea of belonging to you.”

“Oh.” Her face brightened. “Right. I thought maybe you were just playing along for his sake and…” She trailed off as she caught Jisoo holding up a finger to her lips in a shushing gesture. “Okay. Shutting up now.”

Jisoo leaned over and removed the menu from Jennie’s hands and placed it back on the counter. “Can I ask you something?”

The brunette still looked a little wary. “Sure.”

“Do you know where the nearest Whole Foods is?”

Jennie was confused. “Do I know where -“

“The nearest Whole Foods is,” Jisoo finished. “Because I hear that they also do a pretty good cantaloupe. We could buy it from there and take it back to my apartment. Or yours. Whichever’s closest.” Her implication was unmistakable.

“I think I’m probably closer. But, uh, don’t you have to be back at work this afternoon?”

“I took a personal day. I’m all yours.”

Jennie’s grin widened as she slid off the stool and held her hand out to Jisoo. “Well, in that case, what the hell are we still doing here?” She helped Jisoo from her seat. “Now I know we have all day, whatever shall I do with you?”

She pulled on their linked hands so that Jennie came closer. Leaning in, brushing their cheeks together, she whispered hotly in her ear, “I was thinking that we might find a nice, big bed where we could explore how you might stake that claim on your property. And perhaps I could do the same for mine. Several times. Multiple, you might say.” She pulled back and asked in her normal voice, “So does that sound like a plan to you?”

Jennie nodded with mock seriousness. “That sounds like an excellent plan, Miss Kim, well-thought-out and offering a win-win for all parties. We should definitely look into that matter immediately.”

As they walked towards the door of the restaurant, Jisoo felt Jennie place her hand proprietorially on the small of her back. Her pulse quickened at the simple touch.

“Do you want to follow me back?” Jennie asked as they reached the parking lot.

Jisoo felt a slight warmth in her cheeks as she admitted, “I didn’t bring my car. I took a taxi.”

“Why, Jisoo Kim, a person might assume that you knew this situation would arise.” Jennie’s laugh was downright indecent.

“I had hoped.” They had reached Jennie’s late-model sports car. “Just one more thing,” she added casually, as she opened the passenger door.

“What’s that?”

“How about we totally skip the cantaloupe?”

“That,” Jennie confirmed with a very broad grin, “can definitely be arranged.”

* *©Devje* *

END