"Yes, but what do you mean by that?"

Soojoo's grinned spread wider as she turned more fully towards Jisoo. "Actually, I didn't mean anything by it. You're the one who's turned it into something." The triumph on her face was not attractive, in Jisoo's opinion.

"Did not." If all else failed, falling back on outright childish denial was her last remaining option.

"Did too." Soojoo nodded with her head towards Jisoo's hand. "Aren't you going to get that?"

Jisoo knew that she was rapidly painting herself into a corner of her own making now and that her best friend was going to win this argument. She looked down at her screen.

Send the pic already!!

Shaking her head, she selected the camera application on her main screen and passed the phone to Soojoo.

"Do me a favour? I said I'd send her a picture."

"Of you?"

Jisoo rolled her eyes. "No, of Jewel and your father dancing awkwardly like they've never been introduced."

Soojoo looked out over the dance floor, where she saw her father holding her mother-in-law at almost full arm's length, like a ten-year-old boy on his first lesson at the Arthur Murray School of Dance. She snorted.

"Standing or sitting?"

"Just take the damn picture," Jisoo snapped.

"Testy, testy," Soojoo chuckled as she held the phone up and took a shot. "Oh, nice scowl, Jisoo," she added as she examined the screen. "You need me to say 'cheese'?"

Through gritted teeth and a fake smile, she retorted, "Just do it."

Soojoo took a couple more shots and passed it back. Jisoo gave her an unamused glare and picked the least unattractive shot, announcing as she typed, "Sorry for bad photo. Taken by drunk bride." She fired the message off and put her phone back down on the table, smirking sarcastically at her oldest friend.

"I thought you hardly met this girl," Soojoo noted, "and now she's your new pen-friend?"

"We bumped into each other after the rehearsal dinner last night."

"And you just exchanged numbers?" The question was too deceptively innocent. She could tell that Soojoo's mind was racing ahead and making two plus two add up to at least five.

"We're going to have brunch tomorrow."

"Brunch?"

Jennie's comment about the meal being accompanied by a slice of cantaloupe slipped into her mind and she chuckled. "It's not quite breakfast and not quite lunch," she quoted.

"Something, something cantaloupe," Soojoo retorted. Jisoo's confused look prompted her to add, "You're quoting The Simpsons, right?"

Jisoo hadn't known that was what she was doing. She had thought she was quoting Jennie Kim. The fact that it turned out to have been a pop culture reference that had passed her by didn't diminish the perfection of its delivery by said brunette, though.

"Yeah, The Simpsons," she agreed weakly, glancing down at her phone as it vibrated again. This time, she didn't hesitate to read the message.

Poverty of photographer doesn't change quality of subject. You def look amazing.

She placed the phone face down on the table again.

"You know, you can just tell me."

"Tell you what?" Jisoo countered defensively. "Why I'm having brunch with a new friend?"