Chapter 12 (edited)

Comenzar desde el principio

"I need to piss." He said swinging his legs over the side of the bed.

"Oh okay." I went and got his chair. As I was helping him I heard the door bell ring.

"The twins are here." My stomach dropped when he said that. "You can go let them in, I'll be fine here on my own."

"Are you sure." I was hesitant to see Skate and I'm not sure why.

"Yeah I've been doing it on my own for two years before Chloe hired you." He replied while rolling into the bathroom.

I went down stairs and put my things in the hall closet before I opened the door.

"Hey- damn." That was the first thing out of Nathan's mouth when I opened the door.

"What?"

"Nothing you just look like shit." He said as he shimmied his way passed me.

"Wow thanks I tried so hard to please you today thanks for noticing." I said overly sarcastic.

"You're welcome." He gave me a big childish smile before turning to walk into Rosati's room.

I finally look at Skate. He was already looking at me. However, he was expressionless so I have no idea what he's thinking.

"Um come on in." I stepped aside so he would come inside.

"I was just dropping Nathan off." He spoke.

"Oh okay." I got a little depressed when he said he wasn't staying. "Well than I guess I'll see you..."

"I came to pick you up." Wait what?

"What?" I asked dumbfounded.

"I wanna take you somewhere." He said seeming kind of nervous but trying to keep his idgaf persona.

"I-I'm working right now." I wanted to say yes but I can't just leave.

"Rose won't care and Nathan is here." He was practically begging me with his eyes.

"Okay than I guess." I got my purse and keys from the hall closet and closed the door behind me.

As I followed him to his car my head was spinning.

Where is he going to take me? Is this like a date-date? Or are we just hanging out? Do I want this to be a date?

Well considering I stayed up thinking about him I guess I wouldn't mind if this was a date.

As he drove out of Rosati's street I realized we haven't spoken since I closed the door.

"So where are we going?" I asked to break the silence.

"Breakfast." Was the only answer he gave me.

"Okay but, like where?" I wanted to know our exact destination.

"Don't trip." I guess he's back to his moody self.

I just looked at him while he drove us to this mystery breakfast place. Today he decided to go the complete opposite of yesterday and instead of black he wore really light faded jeans and a light grey T-shirt with some gold chains. His hair, instead of a messy man bun, was braided into four braids that met into a bun.

He his elbow resting out the window while still holding the wheel and the other was resting on the gear stick. I realized now that his tattoos were on full display.

From the top of his shirt I saw the top of a chest piece and he had his whole arm covered. He definitely had more than his brother.

"Ta da!" I took my eyes off him to see where Skate had brought us.

"IHOP? You were all secretive over IHOP?" I don't know why but I was thinking he was going to surprise me with a really nice restaurant that I had never heard of before and it was like his most top secret favorite place.

"Yes now leggo." He said while hoping out of the car. I didn't wait to see if he would open my door for me because I thought it would be too awkward.

I met him in front of the car and together we walked to the front. Once we entered the man in front led us to our table and he held my chair out for me.

"Thank you." I timidly told him as I took my seat.

"Don't fucking look at her like that!" I heard skate tell the waiter once he had come back to the side of the table. "Get out of here and get us another waiter."

"What are you doing?" I asked in confusion of what he was talking about.

"Nothing I just don't like the way that fucking pervert was looking at you." He said as he picked up his menu like he didn't just yell at someone.

"That doesn't mean you get to be rude like that!" I reprimanded him.

"Sorry but he wouldn't stop staring at your ass so he was the one being rude." He snapped at me.

I just stayed quiet and opened my menu, not wanting to keep talking about my ass.

"Hello my name is Selena and I'll be taking over as your waitress. Are you guys ready to order?" Our replacement server asked us when we had just opened our menus.

"I'll have a short stack of pancakes with sausage and bacon on the side with coffee." Skate ordered and handed her his menu.

"I guess I'll just have the same." I said not wanting to take long looking through the menu.

Once she left I turned to find Skate looking at me once again.

"What?"

"Nothing." He said with a shy smile and looked away.