Chapter 9 (edited)

"Rosati?"

"ROSATI?"

"JAMES?"

"James! Where are you? Rosati?" I was running around the house in panic.

Coming in to work after the weekend I had expected it to be smooth sailing from here on out.

During the first week I had learned a lot about Rosati.

I compared my notes to Chloe's and realized that she really didn't know much on how to care for him. All the tips and tricks she had to get him to do stuff only seemed to irritate him.

I found that if you only tell him once and give him time to think on it he is more likely to cooperate.  On the contrary, Chloe had said to be persistent and hope he changes his mind.

On Friday, he had finally let me get him out of the house. I mean it was just to the bank and he didn't even get out of the car but, it was a start. So, I thought this week would be better.

If only I can find him.

It's been 30 mins since I got here and I've looked everywhere! Even upstairs which would be impossible for him to go up.

Just as I was reaching for the phone to call Chloe I realized something. Well more like heard something.

Now that I wasn't panicking and running around, I noticed some sort of music playing.

I paused and listened for a minute trying to figure out where the sound was coming from.

The main house.

I quickly made my way over there. Every minute I got closer the music seemed clearer and I could make out some of the lyrics.

It's a Post Malone song.

Once I entered the house the music seemed quieter now. It seemed to be overpowered by the screaming match I just walked into.

In the middle of the kitchen was Rosati and a really pretty blond girl who seemed to be around 16.

"HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU EVEN THINK THAT?" Rosati yelled while wheeling towards the living room.

"HOW THE FUCK CAN I NOT? I'VE BEEN GONE FOR 6 FUCKING MONTHS AND YOU CAN'T EVEN PRETEND TO GIVE A FUCK THAT I'M BACK." She answered, stomping right behind him.

Rosati sharply spun his chair around to glare at her.

"BECAUSE YOU LEFT IN THE FIRST PLACE! YOU KNEW WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN SO YOU LEFT!" He was seething at this point.

"HOW CAN YOU EXPECT ME TO STAY HERE AFTER GOING THROUGH SHIT THE FIRST TIME!" I can see she was on the verge of tears now.

I was going to intervene but ,this seemed like an important conversation that they should be having.

"Because I needed you, you fucking dipshit." He said softly with his voice cracking. You would've thought it wouldn't have been heard through the loud bass of the music.

Looking at him I can see how broken he was feeling right now. I decided to just quietly back up and softly closed the door behind me. It was obvious this was his sister and that they've been avoiding this touchy topic.

Once I was back in the cottage I left Rosati's meds on the counter and headed to his room. I stripped down his bed and put on some new sheets, I then started cleaning the whole room.

While loading the washer with his laundry and sheets I heard the front door open.

"Hey.. lady?" I heard Rosati call out.

Was he calling me? Did he seriously not remember my name, after everything that happened and a week of working for him.

"I'm in the laundry room." I called back.

"Uhh can you come help me?"

"Yeah of course, just hold on a sec." I pushed start and went over to see what he needed. "What do you ne- oh my god what happened?"

I was surprised to see Rosati soaking wet. His hair was flattened and sleeked with water.

"Don't trip and get me some dry clothes." He said while lifting the heavy drenched T-shirt over his head. I glanced wide eyed at the way his defined muscles contracted with his movements. With the water dripping down from his hair, climbing down his..

Aaliyah stop it! Don't let your mind go there!

I swiftly spun around and went to his closet to grab some clothes. Walking back I heard another voice in the house.

"Why aren't you changed yet?" Spoke the voice. I hardly recognized it, until I entered the living room and found the girl from earlier. She sounds different now that she isn't yelling.

"Well you know for people without working legs it's hard to get out of a pool." He said glaring at her.

"Your legs could work if you just went to phys.."

"Fuck off." He cut her off when he noticed I had joined them.

"Oh who's this?" The girl asked smirking at him. Now that she wasn't mad and was facing me I was surprised by how beautiful she is. At first I was able to tell she was pretty but now I noticed her gorgeously  sharp, yet delicate, features. She has the deepest green colored eyes I've ever seen.

"This is..." I can tell he was thinking hard for my name. "My care giver."

"My names Aaliyah." I smiled and reached to shake her hand.

"Lili, it's so nice to meet you." She smiled back. "I didn't know Chloe already found someone."

So she also calls her Chloe? I thought that was just a Rosati thing, you know as a way to rebel.

"Oh well I've only been working here for a week and Chloe's been super busy." I tried to explain for Chloe.

The siblings looked at each other then burst into laughter.

"Haha, oh my gosh, aha, that is hilarious." Lili said trying to control herself and wiping an imaginary tear from her eye.

"What's so funny?" At my question they quickly sobered up.

"Chloe's never busy. Well, unless you consider flying out to Rome for a shopping spree busy work." She said while picking at her nails. I can tell she was trying to hide her saddened face.

"What do you mean?"

"What did she tell you has been doing?" Rosati spoke this time.

"She said she would be busy with the bakery on top of planning the wedding." They again looked at each other but this time they rolled their eyes.

"She hasn't stepped in the bakery since it's been opened. She thinks just cuz her name is on a building that she's suddenly a business women." Lili said with air quotes around business. She plopped herself on the couch seemingly bored with this.

"And the wedding planning again means she's busy shopping in Paris."  Continued Rosati.

"Oh." I guess I don't really know to believe Chloe any more. So far everything she's told me turned out to be false.