Chapter VII

Chapter VII

"So, what do you think we should do now," Daniel said. We had just sat around for most of the day and the day before that. It was boring, I knew it, he knew it, everyone knew it. Except 999 who didn't seem to care about much as long as their was a steady stream of candy. Bright was tinkering with an old computer he'd found in the basement.

Everyone else sat around not doing much of anything, even Daniel had gotten tired of talking to the cactus that sat on the kitchen table. Then he brought up the one thing I hadn't wanted to ever think about. "What are we gonna do after the week ends?" The others looked over at me and even Bright looked up from his work. "I don't know," I said. "Do you know anyone you could go to?" They all shook their heads. Bright spoke up from his work, "I'm working on that now, this computer here is what I'm going to use to find our next stop. Bright reached into his jacket and pulled out a small usb and inserted it into the computer. The fan started to run, he eat up a microphone and speakers then I heard a voice say from the computer in a strange robotic and distorted voice, "hello. Doctor. Continued. Cooperation. Appreciated."

Bright turned the monitor around and the screen was filled by a strange distress face on a black background. "This," Bright said. "Is SCP-079."

"Hello, 79." I said

"Interaction_requested? Interview?"

"Interview? No I'm just talking to you. Though I do have some questions."

"Understood. Proceed."

"Well, what are you?"

"Program. Intelligence."

"What?"

"He's an AI," Bright said.

"Assessment_correct."

"Ok, well why haven't I met him before now?"

"He's potentially dangerous. Well, that and the fact he hasn't had suitable machine to inhabit."

"Really?"

"Danger? Potentially. Suitable_equipment? Yes."

"Ok, well then do you have another name than 79?"

"Negative."

"Oh, ok then. 79–"

"Inquiry," he interrupted.

"Uh, ok what?"

"Inquiry. Questioning. Purpose?"

"Oh just to get to know you."

"Inquiry. Location?"

"My house."

"Enough," Bright said. "079, you still have to uphold your end of the deal."

"Affirmative. Lie."

"What?"

"Lie. Further_action. Required."

"What is it you need?"

"Access. Information."

"No."

The computer seemed to whir for a second then I felt a vibration in my pocket. My phone. I looked at the screen. I was sent a link and I clicked on it. My phone buzzed and Bright looked over. His face fell and he turned back to 079, "what did you do!?"

"Request. Granted. Information. Transacted."

I looked down at my phone, all kinds of files were now displayed on the screen. Then I got a message. I opened it. All that was there was a picture of a house. My house, but in the background I noticed something strange. A wolf-like creature in the background.