Chapter 3 - Of Two Giants

Storm had descended, nearby the gate of an old city, smoke of dirt and dust are rising to air, buildings destroyed, the ground shattered, and the air shuddered at its wake.

Two giants in white are on a rampage, swinging the oversized weapon at something- someone. A knight in old armor, desperately evading the massive weapons, the sight of it can only be described like a man chasing a mosquito with an gigantic axe and sword. Its impressive how such a small person could survive fighting against those two.

Evading left and right, jumping and rolling, running in a straight beeline then rolled to the side, over and over again, against such an overwhelming opponent its the best a small underequipped knight could do. The fighting had begin in the gate and continued to the old district, old buildings getting torn apart, destroyed, and crumbling, some unlucky undeads - zombies - are trampled in the giant's wake.

However, the knight are not simply running aimlessly, and out of fear for live. If the knight wanted to it could've avoided those two in the narrow alley, giants aren't exactly nimble in a cramped place, not to mention the sheer amount of buildings in different sizes, its easy enough to disappear in the maze-like old district. Yet the knight keep on running in the large road, only using the small alleyway to avoid being crushed.

If the objective was just to enter the city, the knight would've hides in the narrow way, sneaked up on them, and bolted straight for the gate, but the objective here is to defeat those two. Besides if the knight did chose that tactics there's no guarantee it would've success, the two guardian aren't exactly stupid, if they couldn't find their target they could've thrashed the whole place into even more ruined city and hoped they got lucky or ran straight for the gate, they're not fast but size make up for that difference.

So the knight resorted to hit-and-run tactics but so far, its not working. It had hoped the zombies would distract them but a small frail undead are hardly a challenge for two giant armored warrior.

Close calls did happen several times, like when Menos toppled a building above the knight, or that time when Halos threw several small sized buildings just to block the knight's way. It may seems an excessive use of force just to kill one person, but this is exactly the challenge those who would take the path of kings must overcome, and the guardians are none too happy to kill these pretender.

Not far from the rampaging giants, a hooded figure are standing atop the gate's golden ornament, the figure wore a black tattered cloak that covered the entire body, a strange darkness also covered the face. The figure stands high above the gate, unbothered by the raging lightning and heavy rainshower, the gaze focused on the events happening by the horizon.

The only thing clear about the fellow are its not human, a pair of enlarged bat wing protruding out its back, from a hole on the cloak and a tail that seems to be covered in black steel scales with six spikes in its edge waving around as if excited.

Back at the skirmish
Menos just lose sight of the knight and are searching for it while Halos are on guard in case the knight decided to run for the gate.

The heavy armored feet shook the earth each time it landed as Menos carefully watched his surrounding, humans are known for their little trick and Menos are not in the mood of playing hide and seek.

Just then the elder giant hears a slow moaning noises and there's only two answer for that, zombies- a weak undead, and that other... Thing. Menos discarded the second possibility as there is no way that thing would be here.

The old outer district of Vax Magna are home to many undead and other creatures ever since the city fall. Most of the undead are several variants of zombies (human, dog, bird, demihumans, deer, etc), skeletons, ghouls, and a lich on rare occasion - the other creatures are mainly goblins, trolls, predator slime, giant rats, and orcs, although there's several times a manticore was seen making nest in some old warehouse. With all those- monsters, the outer district was already dangerous as it already is. And there's no shortage of people who wanted to enter the old city only to get killed before they've even reached the gate, however the undead and other creatures avoided the blue gate like how people would stay away from a toxic pool, the reason are unknown.