the one with breakfast

Felix laughed as he smacked Mihyun's hand away. "Just wait! These aren't even cooked. Binnie's trying to figure out the stove right now." As if on cue, the stove came to life, a steady flame now heating the pan.

Mihyun stuck his tongue out at Changbin's back. Felix noticed it and did the same. They sat there like that, making a rude childish gesture at the eldest before he turned around. Immediately he returned the gesture with a wink.

"Hyung," Mihyun said, poking Felix's cheek, "Are you sick?"

With a slight chuckle, Felix asked, "Why do you think that?"

"Because your face is warm and red."

Felix buried his head in his hands when he heard Changbin's sputtering laughter. Mihyun's twin sister entered the kitchen with a yawn, stretching her arms above her head.

"Hi, Jiyoung," Mihyun said with a wave.

She smiled before her face fell blank. Felix asked what was wrong, and she simply responded by pointing. The sight was equal parts hilarious and humiliating: Changbin waving a dish towel around frantically trying to put out the flames that had engulfed what was supposed to be bacon.

Felix grabbed the pan's lid and dropped it onto the fire, immediately extinguishing the flames.

"I'll help you cook," he said, beaming. The two youngest, age 9, quickly became bored now that the excitement of the kitchen fire was gone. They left to go ride bikes around the neighbourhood, insisting that the older boys let them know when breakfast was ready.

Felix clapped his hands together once as he looked around the kitchen. He'd been friends with the Seo family long enough that he knew where everything was. "Changbin," he said, "Grab me a cutting board, a whisk, and a big bowl." While he was busy finding those things, Felix was setting flour, milk, eggs, and salt on the counter. "We're making pancakes!" He announced loudly, causing Changbin to drop the cutting board.

"You suck," the older boy laughed. "You know, if I didn't love you so much, I'd have killed you by now because you're so annoying." As he spoke, he walked up behind Felix, wrapping his arms around the Australian's waist.

Just then, Mrs. Seo walked in, letting out a loud shriek as she took several photos of the pair. "Aw, boys," she crooned, "You're so cute. Changbin, baby, look how short you are next to Felix." She laughed as she showed them a few photos.

"Mom," Changbin whined, covering his face with an oven mitt, "You're embarrassing me. And I asked you to stop calling me 'baby'."

A mischievous grin spread across Felix's face as he leaned in close to whisper in Changbin's ear. "I don't see what's wrong with it. Why does the nickname bother you so much, baby?" Changbin yelped, throwing the oven mitt and running past his mom, trying to hide his red face. Mrs. Seo gave Felix a high five and walked out. I guess we're not making pancakes anymore, Felix thought as he put everything away.

a/n: i really appreciate the like,,,, 6 or 7 people who read every chapter. at first i was super worried that this book would flop and people would hate it, but i'm always glad to see that people check my book when i update. i know it's a pretty simple act, but it really makes my day.

anyway i'm done being sappy and annoying see yall in chapter ten