f o u r

Y / N

My eyes open quickly as I pant for breath. What happened in that dream? Doyoung wanted me to turn around and suddenly I woke up. Checking the time, I see it's 5:24. Might as well just stay up at this point.

"I thought I took my sleeping medicine last night," I mumble to myself as I start to get ready for my morning class.

Miya, the early bird that she is, is already in her seat when I arrive once again. Sitting next to her, I can easily tell that she has news for me. "What is it?"

"Did you hear about the new SM group? People are saying they're gonna debut in a few weeks." She leans back against her chair. "We should go to the show."

"And then we can struggle to memorize the names of the members," I mutter.

Miya makes a confused face, "Why wouldn't you wanna know who they are beforehand?"

"Eh, I wanna see how well they perform before I put effort into them. Just how I roll."

Class goes by fast enough, and Miya and I exchange our goodbyes. Getting back to my dorm, I spend my afternoon studying. Thankfully, I'm able to get to bed at a halfway decent hour.

I lay down, close my eyes, and try my hardest to relax.

When my eyes open again, I'm in the room from last time. Doyoung is already here, waiting for me. His usual gummy smile is replaced by a deep frown when he sees me, and I notice that he is being restrained once again. This time, it's an hourglass that he is in the bottom of, sand slowly pouring down next to where he stands. A vapor sort of creature comes out from around the glass, coming toward me, staring down at me. I take slow steps back, but I trip and fall backwards, giving the monster time to get even closer to me.

Doyoung pounds his fists on the glass. "How can I get to you? Where are you, (y/n)?" His desperate eyes follow my every move. Why can I hear him through the glass this time?

"I'm ///. ///." I yell out in frustration, knowing that I won't be able to tell him anything of use without the static messing with our heads.

I stumble slightly as I run to him. I put my hands on the glass, pressing on it, and he aligns his hands with mine. "Are you okay?" He looks down at me, breathing heavily.

"///." A headache settles in from the high-pitched sounds as I start to feel my throat burn. Doyoung breaks eye contact, looking just past me, and I know that the monster must be getting close.

All I can do is smile, fresh tears running down my cheeks as I push harder on the glass. I just want to feel closer to him. He's all I need right now.

"Goodnight," I whisper, and everything fades to black.