Burn marks 💔

Mackenzie

I was walking out of school when someone called my name.

"Mackenzie! Wait up!" I turn around and see Annie Leblanc running up to me.

"Yes?" I question.

"Your essay. I thought it was amazing!" She said out of breath.

"And?" I knew there was more.

"And I was wondering who the greedy selfish people at our school was." She said calming her heart down.

"Who do you think it is" I asked.

"Was it my friends?" She asked.

"Which ones?

"My guy friends?"

I nod.

"More one than all." I start to walk away when she grabbed my arm.

I pull away instantly.

"I'm sorry... are you ok?" She asked.

I nodded.

"I really have to go." I said seeing them walk out of the building.

"Ok I'll see you tomorrow?" She asked.

I scoff.

" you don't have to lie to be nice." I said then run home before she could reply.

Narrator

As she gets off of school grounds she starts to slow down. She walks across the street and sits on the bench next to the bus stop. She sighs and takes out her phone and waits for the bus to pick her up. As she scrolled through Instagram she hears a car honk. She looks up to see a car full of people.

"You need a ride?" One of them calls, it was Annie.

Mackenzie

"No I'm fine, thanks." I say nicely.

"Oh come on! You obviously need one you're waiting for the bus!" She yells back.

"No it's ok... I'm fine... and there's probably not enough room..." I tried to be as nice as I could.

She got out of the car and grabbed my arm. I couldn't get out of her grip.

"Come on." She pulled me to the car and I was hesitate to get in.

I sat in the back in between Lauren and annie.

"So where do you live? You know so we can drop you off." Lauren asked.

"Umm you can just drop me off at the bus stop next to the trailer park." I said nervous.

"You live in the trailers park?" Carson asked.

Annie hit him.

"Not exactly..."

"Well before you tell us I wanted to know if you could come over tonight. Because the girls and I are having a sleepover." Lauren said

"Umm... sure.." I said hesitantly.

"Ok great! So where do you live?"

"The gated community next to the trailer park.." I said nervous.

"What?!" Everyone yelled.

"If you live in the same place the most popular girl in school does than how are you not as popular as her?" Johnny asked.

"Well my sister uses our house to brag... I don't really like to do that." I said.

"Wait Maddie is your sister?" He asked.

I nod. He stopped infront of the gate, and there stood Maddie.

"Oh no." I mutter to myself.

I jump out of the car.

"Kenzie! Where have you been! I've been worried sick!" She yelled.

"I'm sorry. The bus took forever so they offered me a ride." I pointed to the full car.

"Is that Johnny Orlando's gang?" She whispered so only I would hear.

I nod.

"I tried to deny but they-" she cut me off.

"You know how dangerous they are." She said.

"I know but they don't even remember-" she cut me off again.

"Mackenzie! They might not remember but you do! You know what that boy did to you don't you?!" She yelled.

I nod and a single tear flows down my cheek.

Flashback 7th grade

"Johnny stop! I don't want to play this anymore!" I scream.

"Come on have a little fun." He says duck tapping my right arm to the table.

"Johnny please!" I beg.

"Ready?" He says ignoring me.

He pored the boiling water on my arm and I scream on the top of my lungs. I rip the duck tape of my arm and shove him into the wall. He hit his head and I ran out of the house.

End of flashback

"But Maddie it was just a stupid game! And we were kids he didn't know any better!" I yelled

"I don't care! He's the one who hurt you so bad that you had to go to the emergency room! You can't even be touched on your right arm!"

"Maddie they heard you..." I say looking down.

She looks up at them and glared.

"I'm going to say bye." I mumbled turning around.

I walk over to the car.

"Are you ok? Who hurt you?" Annie asked.

I look up at her.

"I can't go tonight and it's best if you go back to not remembering me." I say with tears in my eyes.

"Mackenzie what happened?" Lauren asked with concern.

"Your brother hurt me pretty bad back in 7th grade and Maddie won't ever let me forget it." I say.

Johnny looked shocked.

"Mackenzie." Lauren said. "roll up your right sleeve."

I rolled up my right sleeve to revile my huge burn mark. A tear fell down her face and everyone else looked shocked. Lauren got out of the car and walked over to Maddie.

"Hi Maddie.., I understand why you are being protective over Mackenzie but I would never let that happen to her. And I have something to heal it... it's actually happened to me before... so if you let Kenzie come over to my house tonight nothing bad will happen to her." Lauren says.

Maddie looks over at me.

"You trust them?" She asked.

I nod.

"Considering that Kenzie trusts you with her trust issues and all I will let her come over. But if your brother does one thing bad to her so help me you won't ever see him again." Maddie threatened.

Lauren nodded.

"Very well than. Off you pop." Maddie says.

Lauren hugged me and then walked back to the car. I ran and hugged Maddie.

"Thanks Maddie." I said.

"Well saying you don't have many friends I thought I'd give you a chance to make a couple." She says with a smile.

I laugh and we walk through the gate.