Star Gazing 'n' Rule Breaking

Start from the beginning

"Follow me". She obeyed as she let the hand lead her seaming up more stairs. Clem was just beginning to have second thoughts before she heard a long creak followed by a dim light filling the stairwell. Violets shadowy figure became visible, she was still holding her hand leading her into the light. Clementine found herself on the room of the girls' dormitory, the stars were bright with a huge full moon to match them. She was star struck looking at the beautiful sight, then turning to Violet who she caught staring at her. The pale girl turned away looking at the ground frowning, which seemed to be her resting face. She couldn't quite tell but it seemed as if there was a slight shade of pink dusted across the blondes distant expression.

"Shit Vi, this is, truly breathtaking" Clementine murmured star struck. Violet glanced back at the girl, all the stars and constellations were reflecting off of Clem's eyes, SHE was breathtaking. Flustered and attempting to bring herself back to earth she cleared her throat.

"heh, yeah. I come up here sometime to clear my head, or if things with Minnie get to be too much." She said softly letting go of her roommate's hand, Violet's hand was now clammy and damp. SHIT! what if she thinks I'm gross?

Clementine brought her gaze to Violet with a smile. She seemed so tough but under all of that, she's a real softy.

"I mean, it's understandable. Responsibility and relationships, they can be a lot to handle sometimes." She said thinking of her past relationship shivering in disgust. Violet nodded

"Ain't that the truth," She said with a snort, Clementine's stomach did a flip. Did, she just snort? Violet pulled out a small case from her pocket inside her jacket, it was completely engulfed in different stickers and stamps making the small box look like a deranged mix of colors. She pulled out two slim joints, placing one just on the surface of her lips then offering one to the newbie.

"Whoa! Where did you get weed?" Chuckled Clementine as she inspected the blunt. Violet snickered at the brunette's reaction to her masterly crafted joint.

"You could say I know a guy" She shrugged letting her take the plunder. Vi reached into her pocket pulling out her purple lighter, ushering for Clementine to come closer with an index finger. The lighter was nearly dead, and thanks to all the expenses of her art courses Violet was in tight spot money wise. The girls huddled together, faces inches apart as they both lit there smokes. Violets eyes were mostly focused on the faulty lighter, cursing every time the spark wouldn't catch a flame. Clementine giggled watching the girl fiddle with her lighter blushing faintly, finally, a flame was produced just long enough to light both joints. Violet rolled her eyes inhaling the fumes and breathing them out her nose, then removing the cig from her mouth. Clementine attempted to do the same, which only resulted in coughing and sputtering which earned a chuckle from Violet. After a few drags violet broke the silence

"I thought you could use a break from everything, from what you told me it sounds like you haven't had a chance to relax, well since you were 8. Uh, so I thought this could help clear her head for a bit." Violet sputtered looking out over the lit up the campus.

"Well, I am honored to be invited to your hideout and smoke 'cancer-sticks' with you" Murmured the almond-skinned girl. Violet turned to her shocked, her reaction seemed a little out of sorts compared to before, then it hit her. Her roommate's eyes were completely red, she was sooooo stoned. She chuckled about how soon the brunette got baked.

"Clem, your eyes are.... like really-" She was cut off.

"Beautiful?" Clem asked waving her lit joint around in a sassy manner causing the blonde to chuckle.

"red!" She snorted beginning to erupt into laughter as if causing a chain-reaction Clementine began to cackle as well nearly falling off the roof.

"hOlY sHiT! dId YoU jUsT sNoRt?" She wailed only making the blonde wheeze in defeat. At this point, the two stoned girls rolled around on the roof laughing so hard they swore they had developed abs just from their own hysterical bullshit.

"Once, when I was younger I actually licked a salt lick that was in this, cRuStY ass barn" Clementine wheezed between laughter.

"What did it taste like? Was it any good?" Violet snickered taking another hit of her joint blowing clouds into the rich dark sky.

"PSHH, no it tasted like shit" Clementine chuckled causing Violet to go into a fit of laughter and snorting, which only caused her to laugh along with her roomie.

"AHEM!" A voice sounded through the two girls snort fest, it was a shorter ginger girl who looked pretty ticked off. She put her hands on her hips. Clementine sat bolt up putting on her biggest bitchface.

"Uh, who the hell are you?" she slurred not exactly sober enough to make a proper introduction. Ruby flinched looking shocked at the brunettes demand before answering.

"I'm Ruby, and who te' hell are you?!" She wailed back pointing a thumb to her chest while she introduced herself, her forward attitude taking Clementine by surprise.

"Seriously, I don' know about ya'll but some of us are trying to sleep!" she had a serious southern accent. She paused for a moment before studying the girls. "wait, IS THAT WEED?!" She wailed throwing her hands in the air and waved them around like she was signaling a plane. Violet and Clementine locked bloodshot eyes for a moment before erupting into laughter, too stoned to take the pissed off ginger seriously. They sat there cackling as Ruby cursed and lectured them if every night was like this Clementine felt as if she could stay forever. But one thing stuck in the back of her head.

"I come up here sometime to clear my head, or if things with Minnie get to be too much."

*Arts by Thederpartist*

(word count ~ 1825)