"Did you believe her?"

Him abruptly cutting her off made her look back at him again.

Jim was so bony, so pale looking, that she could've mistaken him for a corpse if it weren't for the raw emotions in his eyes. She could see hell and torment in his eyes, and for a second she could almost feel what he was going through just by looking in them.

Jim stood up, a far off look on his face. "Monsters and demons always been real," He turned away from her. "'cept now they don't have a disguise no more."

He left Samantha next to the campfire with an unsettling feeling in the pit of her stomach.

━━━━━

The mascara felt strange in her fingers as she caressed the ends to her eyelashes.

She was once a person that cared about her appearance, knowing her beauty and wanted it to keep it polished and painted with expensive products. But since the world ended, she didn't give a shit anymore.

Glenn was standing off to the side as Jim, Dale, and Nathan striped and tore apart the cherry challenger, a glum look on his face. When he found Samantha, hope brightened his face.

"You're Shane's sister, the apple to his eye," Glenn hoped, and Samantha rose an eyebrow in amusement. "Can't you please tell them to stop, Sammy?"

Samantha giggled softly, shrugging her shoulders and the Asian looked back at the vehicle in defeat. "Look at them, vultures," Glenn spat. "Yeah, go on, strip it clean!"

Nate smirked. "Damn, Dean, chill out."

"I thought I was gonna get to drive it a few more days." Glenn admitted, a sigh rocking his shoulders.

"Generators need every drop of fuel they can get. Sorry Glenn." Dale apologized.

Nathan leaned over. "We can murder him later." He rose voice to a loud whisper. The older man sent him a fake glare, and sigh rocked Glenn's shoulders.

Samantha patted his shoulder. "We can get you another one." She teased, flicking the back of his hat.

Soon, Rick approached the two and she turned to look at him. "Maybe for Christmas." He added, ruffling the twenty year old's head and she smiled, watching as he walked over to his wife.

A Jeep pulled up and her brother stepped out. "Water's here, y'all. Just make sure to boil before use." He reminded, his eyes going to his baby sister who approached him.

"How'd you sleep, kiddo?" A grin laced his lips, and Samantha rolled her eyes playfully.

"If that's you're way of saying I look like shit, you should look in the mirror, deputy."

Shane opened his mouth to retort, but loud screams lit up the camp and snatched any serenity away. Her brother immediately pulled out his gun, and sent his sister a glance. "Stay here." But she already had her gun out, and seeing the determination in the green of her eyes, he sighed. Another scream ripped through the air and the two recognized it as Samantha's godson.

"Carl!" She gasped, her blood pumping as she took off to the source with all the men close behind. Breaking through the trees, the children ran to their mother and Jacqui fell to the ground, exhausted. Samantha continued through the green until the tree line broke, and she stumbled upon a clearing where she saw a walker huddled over a deer, elbow deep and devouring its insides. Her stomachs churned, but before she could make a move, her brother pushed her back and the men lurched forward.