Chapter XV

*NOT PROOFREAD*

Chapter XV

There is something about capturing beautiful locations through the camera for the world to see. I know that most people are not even aware of the existence of such amazing places all around the world and yet they get to experience these sites through the beautifully directed scenes in different forms of media.

And the fact that I was there, witnessing a part of my dream come alive, the moment was indescribable for me.

I knew I probably looked like a child when they get their favourite candy as a reward, with my eyes wide open and mouth grazing the floor as I tried my hardest not to drool. My eyes were skimming from point to point, trying to absorb and possibly embed this scene into my brain so that I never forget it.

Adrian was taken for his makeup and costume and was stuck in his vanity van for quite some time and I was left standing there, with nothing to do.

After a while of just staring and looking all around the set, I realised how awkward I probably looked, unmoving.

Deciding to be a little more productive and helpful, I decided to find something I could possibly assist with. People were busy with different things, all of them knowing what they were supposed to do. The camera crew was running tests, the costume crew was assembling the clothes for all the actors and the extras and some people could be seen giving instructions to the rest of the crew members.

I wandered around for a while, wondering who to go to when I found a girl standing in front of a makeshift table, ruffling through sheets of paper. She looked pretty frustrated with what I could make out. Her hair seemed a little wild, as if she'd been running her hand through them for a while, her eyebrows kept furrowing every three seconds and she was unknowingly crumpling the sheets she had in one of her hands.

"Hey," I mumbled, once I got closer but she seemed to have not heard me.

So clearing my throat, I tried again, a little louder. "Hey!"

Her head snapped up, making her auburn hair bounce a little.

"Can I help you with something?" she asked, a little edge to her voice.

Considering her state right now, I concluded that it was probably because of work.

"Hi, I'm Addison. Mason's assistant," I said, pausing a little.

She raised her eyebrow as if to say 'So?'

I cleared my throat again, trying to stop fidgeting my hands. "I wanted to ask if I could help you or anything. I haven't exactly been told what to do and I've been standing idly for  a while now..." I trailed off, not knowing what else to add.

It took a few awkward seconds before she nodded, narrowing her eyes a little. "I could actually use some help," she said.

I shot her a confused look, upon seeing her eyes narrowed at me.

"Are you the new intern they've been rambling about?" she asked, her voice anything but friendly.

I hesitated a little, unsure of why she was being cold. Have I offended her before? And who does she mean by 'they'?

I tried to think about the past couple of days I'd been here. I did not even remember seeing her anywhere near the set. And I would've remembered if I saw her, given her bright pink highlights.

"Uh, yeah, I guess," I replied, hesitantly, still trying to figure out the reason for the chill in her voice.

She gave me a once-over before asking me to wait.