Chapter II

Lindsay Carlton on the top.

Chapter II

"For the last time Amy, we can't have the concept of a gothic Cinderella," I sighed, exasperated by the continuous pestering by one of the drama club students.

It was the day of ideas. Since the showcase was two months away, all the departments of extra curricular activities had started their planning and persuasion for good funding.

In Riverview High, the last hour of the day was allotted for extra curricular activities. One of the plus point of our school was the enthusiasm showed through participation in these activities.

Showcase was one of the most awaited events, not only by our school students but by everyone outside school too. It happened twice a year and the money raised from it went to the development of the different departments.

There was quite many options to choose from. There was music (vocal and instrumental), dance, drama, debating, art, sculpture, cheerleading, sports, and so on.

For the academic oriented people, there were debate clubs, math clubs, science clubs and so many more.

There was a Reading club too for all the avid readers and a creative writing one for all the budding writers. In all, it was quite fun to choose.

"Are you kidding me?" I nearly shrieked as Kylie, the sub-head of Drama department told me what Lindsay aka the head of the Dance department and my rival, was planning.

Anger swarmed me and I asked Kylie to come along with me as I marched towards a Club fund meeting that excluded me.

I knew that bitch was going to play dirty when it can to funding because our department always got a bit more than the Dance department.

Once I reached the room where mostly all the issues were discussed, I slammed the door open. Wide eyes of all the Club/ Department heads turned to face my enraged expression.

I clenched my jaw when I spotted a smirking face.

"What the hell, Carlton? Why wasn't I informed of this meeting?" I asked, on the verge of yelling and some of the Heads flinched.

The witch in question rolled her eyes, smirking. "Because you're not that important as you make yourself to be."

It was my turn to roll my eyes now. "Really? That's not what Principal Stewart had to say last showcase," I smirked as she scowled.

Last year Drama department has raised the maximum funds, much to the annoyance of the dance team. Or mainly the head.

"Whatever. This year I'll show you whose the boss," she replied before starting the discussion.

I simply rolled my eyes and sat down at my assigned place.

"Hey, did you hear about the movie being shot in our town?" A whisper caught my attention since Lindsay was practically boring me as she droned on and on about the pros of funding the Dance club.

"Yeah, and I heard that Adrian Carter in starting in it. Gosh! He's so hot. I wish I could meet him," the one next to me whispered back.

Adrian Carter, the current teenage heartthrob of Hollywood. There was no denying that he was good looking. With his brown hair and captivating green eyes, he basically was the reason why so many girls melted in a puddle of awe when he starred in movies.

I wasn't going to go on and say that I didn't like him or I didn't give a damn about his reputation or anything. Because then I'd be lying.

Not the liking part, though because according to me, to like a person you needed to know him first. And I didn't know Adrian so I couldn't say that either liked him or disliked him.